The Student Room Group

i hate how my behind looks

first of all, don’t want any advice on how i should “exercise” and start eating more. i have a very genetically weird shaped butt, as it’s almost a square. i play two sports, volleyball and softball, and i workout very frequently. yet, my behind just doesn’t look right at all. i’m ashamed of it and many have called me out for how flat it is and how weird it looks at the back. i am flat in the back yet i have a big stomach. i’m even on a calorie deficit. i don’t know why i am built like this. i just want to fix it. everybody just seems so obsessed with these big behinds nowadays and how you look. please just give me genuine advice on what to actually do and how i should keep my mentality up. i’m just so lost.
Reply 1
Does it bother you or does it bother you because of other people?

There's nothing to 'fix', apart from learning to ignore the idiots who are telling you your backside looks weird. As you said, it's just the way you are built.

Why are you in a calorie deficit? If it's for the stomach, you can't target where you lose weight from.
Reply 2
Go and see your GP for some advice on wellbeing and self esteem. Talking it though with a counsellor might be helpful too. Most people have aspects of their body that they are not so happy with, some of them you can work on others not so much. I had terrible issues with acne in my teens. There are some things you just have to accept and in hindsight you see them in perspective
Reply 3
If doing squats/other glute exercises does nothing for you in the arse department and neither does eating healthily it's just going to have to be something you learn to live with.
Reply 4
I think you have to be confident about your body and figure ...
Reply 5
Original post by cheesecats111
first of all, don’t want any advice on how i should “exercise” and start eating more. i have a very genetically weird shaped butt, as it’s almost a square. i play two sports, volleyball and softball, and i workout very frequently. yet, my behind just doesn’t look right at all. i’m ashamed of it and many have called me out for how flat it is and how weird it looks at the back. i am flat in the back yet i have a big stomach. i’m even on a calorie deficit. i don’t know why i am built like this. i just want to fix it. everybody just seems so obsessed with these big behinds nowadays and how you look. please just give me genuine advice on what to actually do and how i should keep my mentality up. i’m just so lost.
Squats can help with the legs and butt. Also cycling too. I prefer squats thought because you'll see more progress. Gymnastics helps A TON. That's what happened to me and my friends. It took about 4 months for our butts to form.

Quick Reply

Latest