The Student Room Group

Which subjects?

I've been put into the combined sciences classes meaning I will have to give their exam. I really wanted to do separate sciences as I want to get into medicine. Will I be able to do bio and chem A levels along with either maths or physics if I give the combined science gcse? Please help me
Original post by safajsaddal
I've been put into the combined sciences classes meaning I will have to give their exam. I really wanted to do separate sciences as I want to get into medicine. Will I be able to do bio and chem A levels along with either maths or physics if I give the combined science gcse? Please help me

You will be able to A-level biology and chemistry with combined science so I wouldn't worry
Reply 2
Are you doing Combined Sciences because you struggle with sciences?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Are you doing Combined Sciences because you struggle with sciences?

No, it's just that the class is full. I'm amazing at science.They can't accommodate another student. So I'll have to sit the combines sciences exam in the end as well
Reply 4
Original post by safajsaddal
No, it's just that the class is full. I'm amazing at science.They can't accommodate another student. So I'll have to sit the combines sciences exam in the end as well

It depends entirely on the policy of your school if they will allow you to do A level Bio and Chem - I was asking simply because if you were struggling at GCSE level then obviously 2 science A levels wouldnt be the best option. Check with your school.

Quick Reply

Latest