The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DYKWIA
No, because we were forced to leave prematurely, despite being close to winning.

The US were never remotely near 'winning' in Vietnam, it was an unwinnable war.

I still think we were justified in invading. If we had spent more time there Vietnam would have seen major progress. The only reason for all the killings of civilians and the bombings was because of the Vietcong trying to force us out. I know there were many tragedies, but it would have been far worse if we had sat by and done nothing.

No, the US made it worse. Apart from the obvious issues of the huge amounts of killing and destruction, the US destroyed the factionalism of the Vietnamese nationalists as it pushed them to rally around the Communists and the Northern government.
Reply 181
Could we stick to the thread topic please, if you want to discuss Vietnam make another thread on it
Reply 182
Human Trafficking is a major disturbance in the USA :frown:
Reply 183
Original post by readysteady

All I'm saying is that America doesn't have any more freedom than Europe or Japan.

or Australia or New Zealand or Canada

and various parts of South America and the pacific Islands... also Certain parts of Africa.

Hell it's probably quicker to list the countries where people have less freedom than the Sates:

-The Communists

ha, done
Original post by DYKWIA

Also, healthcare is not a right. You should work to get healthcare and not just leech off the state. Besides, for the poor in our country we have very good social security.

What happened to that unfortunate American guy with the 10 stone testicles would never have happened in a country like the UK and it was because he was poor. I don't understand how that's fair.
It really.....................................was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
short answer: yes
long answer: mix
If you are wealthy yes.

Original post by i am genius
If you are wealthy yes.

You are not free. Money is your slavery.
Reply 189
No land is the land of the free- there is always rules.

In fact only the wild is the land of the free.
Reply 190
Please do not bump old threads

Latest

Trending

Trending