The Student Room Group

Tution Fees Help-- I WANT TO QUIT UNI

Hi,

So basically I am on my first year of my course, and I'm really not enjoying it so I decided to quit the course today. I am living at home so I didn't apply for student finance. I registered with them about three weeks ago because I need the money to pay the tuition fees of £9000, I received a letter recently which I need to sign and send of and it says £9000 will be given to the uni.

because I haven't sent it off my university haven't received any payment yet. my question is if my uni charges me £4500 now will the student loans company pay for it because i cant afford to pay £4500 at the moment?

alternatively when I called up the student loans company they said that if i had borrowed money from them and left before christmas i would only owe £2250, but because I haven't sent my agreement off my university will try to charge me £4500. what is the best thing to do, I am really confused

also will i be able to apply for student finance again if i wish to start a new course in september at a new university?

Thank You for reading
Reply 1
You're better off speaking to the university as technically, you'll not be liable for the full £9000 tuition fees.
I don't know if it's different where you are, but my college said the cutoff date was Dec 1st. Quit before that and you only owe the cost up to that date, but quit after and you are liable for the whole year...
Reply 3
Original post by Willium_Bob_Cole
I don't know if it's different where you are, but my college said the cutoff date was Dec 1st. Quit before that and you only owe the cost up to that date, but quit after and you are liable for the whole year...

Before Dec 1st the SLC won't pay your fees but the uni can charge the whole year if they like - so you'll need to find a source of £9000.

OP, the SLC saying £2250 sounds like it might be maintenance loan only and they haven't taken into account the tuition fees that you will owe. You just sound really confused about the situation, but because you're so confused your post makes little sense. Where have you got this £4500 fee figure from - have you made it up as you think you'll be there half a year, or have you actually asked them? Technically they can charge you for the whole year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending