The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

MSc Applied Statistics with data science at the Uni of Strathclyde

Hello!

I'm considering the MSc Applied Statistics with data science (online) at the University of Strathclyde: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/postgraduatetaught/appliedstatisticswithdatascienceonline/#

I wonder if anyone studying this Online MSc with the Uni of Strathclyde can share your experience? Anything I may need to be aware of before I take this course?

Thanks a million!
Reply 1
Original post by DavidGBA
Hello!

I'm considering the MSc Applied Statistics with data science (online) at the University of Strathclyde: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/postgraduatetaught/appliedstatisticswithdatascienceonline/#

I wonder if anyone studying this Online MSc with the Uni of Strathclyde can share your experience? Anything I may need to be aware of before I take this course?

Thanks a million!

Hello,

I'm wondering if you ever did take this course? I am considering taking this course in September. Although I also have an offer for the MSc Big Data from Stirling and trying to decide which would be best.

Thank you
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by cHhh
Hello,

I'm wondering if you ever did take this course? I am considering taking this course in September. Although I also have an offer for the MSc Big Data from Stirling and trying to decide which would be best.

Thank you

Hi cHhh! May I ask which one you chose in the end? Thinking of applying to Strathclyde but could not find any alumni of their online programs.
Reply 3
Original post by elbest
Hi cHhh! May I ask which one you chose in the end? Thinking of applying to Strathclyde but could not find any alumni of their online programs.

Hello, I actually got a fully funded place to study data engineering at Napier from The Data Lab.
However prior to that I had decided on the Stirling course as you can get a Microsoft Azure certificate (not sure which one), and it generally it seemed more geared towards what I was looking for in skills for a job. However I had also applied to Napier as I wanted to learn more of the design side (based on my future job aspirations).
You should look into the data lab and their scholarships, if you're considered a home status student for fees.
Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by cHhh
Hello, I actually got a fully funded place to study data engineering at Napier from The Data Lab.
However prior to that I had decided on the Stirling course as you can get a Microsoft Azure certificate (not sure which one), and it generally it seemed more geared towards what I was looking for in skills for a job. However I had also applied to Napier as I wanted to learn more of the design side (based on my future job aspirations).
You should look into the data lab and their scholarships, if you're considered a home status student for fees.
Good luck

Thank you so much for the reply! No, I'm not a home student but I will consider other options.
Reply 5
Original post by elbest
Thank you so much for the reply! No, I'm not a home student but I will consider other options.

Well I'm sure that I saw that Stirling has some really good funding options for international students and the tution fee at Strathclyde is the same for international and home!
Reply 6
Original post by cHhh
Well I'm sure that I saw that Stirling has some really good funding options for international students and the tution fee at Strathclyde is the same for international and home!

Thank you once again, cHhh! Checked their options , they are unfortunately not what I would ideally prefer as I'm leaning towards statistics/applied statistics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending