The Student Room Group

What exam Board is more valued?

Hey Guys and Girls,

Im currently in my 2nd year of iGCSEs and I was wondering what exam board is more valued or better?
I take Cambridge for mainly OLs except Math which is EDEXCEL and I take AS Biology and AS Chemistry Cambridge.

If I applied for uni and me and another applicant got the same grades. To be precise, say as if we took 10 OLs each with 10*s and three ALs with AA*A* GRADES and he was taking The exams with OCR or AQA board and I was Cambridge. would I have a better chance of getting in than him and there was only one spot left.

Please comment your thoughts. thanks..........:colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by Zakariya Abdi
Hey Guys and Girls,

Im currently in my 2nd year of iGCSEs and I was wondering what exam board is more valued or better?
I take Cambridge for mainly OLs except Math which is EDEXCEL and I take AS Biology and AS Chemistry Cambridge.

If I applied for uni and me and another applicant got the same grades. To be precise, say as if we took 10 OLs each with 10*s and three ALs with AA*A* GRADES and he was taking The exams with OCR or AQA board and I was Cambridge. would I have a better chance of getting in than him and there was only one spot left.

I'm pretty sure admission tutors don't look at a candidate's exam boards when making a decision because that would advantage/ disadvantage some candidates as, in most cases it's, it's the school that decides what exam board to go for.

I'd imagine that if two very good candidates were competing for one place, the university would interview both to make a decision?
Reply 2
Cambridge Assessment, ESOL and OCR
Reply 3
none, an A* is an A*.
Reply 4
There all equal in the eyes of the admission ppl but when I was like younger I thought I needed to be with OCR despite not going to a Russell Group Uni :eek: :eek: :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Zakariya Abdi
Hey Guys and Girls,

If you are applying to a UK university they will not care.
I have no idea what would happen in other countries.

Quick Reply

Latest