The Student Room Group

CCEA a level history

I’m currently doing a level history, the exam board is CCEA, and it is a one year course. I am struggling to answer and interpretation and a source question, so I’m wondering does anyone have any tips or advice on how to answer interpretation question and a source question. Can anyone also give tips on how to make history notes? Also, does anyone know if it’s possible to achieve an A or an A* in a level for this one year course, without doing gcse history? Thanks.
Reply 1
Source questions, make sure when assessing how valuable a source is you analyse the following; Author, motive, mode, tone, date. Talk about each and how they would add and detract value. Important to do both. As well as analysing the content of the source, mixed with context and knowledge that you know.

For interpretations, make sure the introduction outlines what each source is conveying. Then, when talking about each source, you must include limitations. Even for the interpretation you find more convincing, you must find something that makes them somewhat less convincing, even if it's the source you find more convincing overall. The introduction and conclusion should both clearly state which source you find more convincing.
Reply 2
Original post by Qrki
Source questions, make sure when assessing how valuable a source is you analyse the following; Author, motive, mode, tone, date. Talk about each and how they would add and detract value. Important to do both. As well as analysing the content of the source, mixed with context and knowledge that you know.

For interpretations, make sure the introduction outlines what each source is conveying. Then, when talking about each source, you must include limitations. Even for the interpretation you find more convincing, you must find something that makes them somewhat less convincing, even if it's the source you find more convincing overall. The introduction and conclusion should both clearly state which source you find more convincing.

For this, are the arguments best to say which actions are legal and which are terror or should you be outlining like limitations just, I am currently doing nazi germany and am confused on how to outline and separate the interpretations
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending