The Student Room Group

Foundation Degree Computer Technology - Is it worth topping up...

Come August/September time i will have completed my Foundation Digree in Computer Technology hopefully with above 70% making it a distinction. I am studying at Runshaw College (part of UCLAN)

I found that the course i am on now, was sold very well to me, and to be honest i am pretty disapointed with the majority of the modules/teaching methods etc, after finishing this Foundation Digree i will have the option to to continue and topup my digree at UCLAN itself.

Most of what i am currently learning does not actually relate to what i want to go into (i intend on going into a network/system admin career).

I took work placement this year in a school which i have enjoyed a LOT, and i haven probably learnt more there in the 30 days i did for work placement that i did over the past 2 years at uni! I am still going into the school on a voluntary basis but there are currently no jobs available.

I have been looking at UCLAN and some other universities for topping up to my Honors digree, and most of the modules that are available again do not particularly appeal to me.

I think in IT a lot of places prefer experience in the industry, would it be better for me trying to get a job, even if i started on a voluntary basis/apprentice, or would it be better if i went back to uni to topup my foundadtion digree to a higher? Would it be really worth it?

I was also looking at the open university for topping up, would anyone recommend this?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Noone have any advice :frown:
Reply 2
Bump.............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending