The Student Room Group

FanFiction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
I write and read fanfiction - Harry Potter, Lotr, The Hobbit, anything I'm into at that moment.

All I'll say is this: Never, ever, play the shame game. Don't shame kinks on kink memes on lj, don't shame fandoms, don't shame pairings. People can like what they want - no skin off your nose! Let everyone enjoy their fanfictions and have a great time with them. :smile:

I, for example, have an extensive collection of Hobbit AUs, an excellent audiofic that I downloaded and LOVE from Sherlock, and my internet history is probably eye-scorching. But hey, I'm not making you read it :smile:

LOOL woow i haven't read them in over two days becasue of exams and revision, care to tell me any good ones??
Original post by Muni :D
LOOL woow i haven't read them in over two days becasue of exams and revision, care to tell me any good ones??

Hmm. Depends on the fandom! I tend not to recommend fics because I have quite specific tastes so :smile:
Original post by The Good Egg
I think fanfiction can be an excellent opportunity to extend and develop your skills as a writer. It allows you to experiment with style while still having that safety of familiar characters and situations. The OP should tell their parents about this! Think about it, any kind of classic television/book revival etc. is a form of fan fiction!

Even so, I agree with everyone else, things tend to get a bit out of hand... I've read some pretty scarring Sherlock fanfictions... :eek:

Oh, you poor thing. Did John get beaten with the cane again? Poor thing.

"OP"… you're so ****ing savvy, aren't you?

"Extend and develop" I can't believe you didn't use the rule of three there...
Original post by Guills on wheels
Oh, you poor thing. Did John get beaten with the cane again? Poor thing.

"OP"… you're so ****ing savvy, aren't you?

"Extend and develop" I can't believe you didn't use the rule of three there...

If you don't watch it I'm going to extend and develop your knowledge of my fist.
If you don't watch it I'm going to extend and develop your knowledge of my fist.

Come at me, bro, and I'll **** you up like I ****ed up your birthday dinner, bruv.
Come at me, bro, and I'll **** you up like I ****ed up your birthday dinner, bruv.

I'm sure olive to tell the tale.
I'm sure olive to tell the tale.

Rice try, wise guy.
Rice try, wise guy.

You took that tomatoo far.
Semi-related question: I'm applying for English Literature & Creative Writing courses right now, and I'm in the midst of writing my personal statement (ugh). As I'm told to mention hobbies, interests and what makes me "unique" that is relevant to the course... would mentioning an interest in fanfiction be inadvisable?

On a side-note, Dramione, anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending