The Student Room Group

Why can’t I just want to date people

Hi, sorry this is going to be a random trauma dump but if you have advice, please share.

So I downloaded a dating app because I was sick of reading cute fanfiction and wanting to have a significant other + my parents are hassling me slightly.

For starters the things I was mainly looking for is just someone to be there for me and as sad as it sounds, I need hugs sometimes…

The main issue is that I think I may be emotionally unavailable or something because I don’t really ever feel anything strongly for anyone. Sure I see a cute person and think “wow they are pretty” but other than that, I really don’t care that much.

I also never really make it out of the talking stage and I kind of hate the talking stage too. It sounds bad but I just feel like we all ask the same question over and over.

I think i’d be better if I could meet someone organically in real life but I really don’t know.

I fear their is something seriously wrong with me because people my age (21) generally want to be in relationships but I sometimes fear I only really want a relationship because I don’t want to be seen as lonely for the rest of my life.

I ultimately don’t know if I am self sabotaging myself because I am really awkward and I am slightly scared of meeting new people or if I am just emotionally inept when it comes to relationships.

I was also looking at the ace community but I am just so confused.

A girl I’ve spoke to once online is wanting to meet but I don’t know whether to go or not. I mean I know I should really go on a first date at some point but I’m just so scared. Do you think I should just go and see what happens? because if it’s bad, I guess it’s out the way and I can say I tried.

idk I think I have several problems that need to be addressed but I have no idea how or what to do with these problems.

Anyway hope you could really feel the stress oozing out of this post and that you have a good holiday and a happy new year when it comes around.
Reply 1
Sorry for my grammar mistakes, I was just typing so fast that I didn’t notice until I submitted this disjointed essay. Also I promise in real life I am actually nice to people and not a brat like I sound in this post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending