The Student Room Group

Studying abroad

I am from the UK, and I am very interested in studying abroad. If you have ever studied abroad, where did you study? What are the benefits? Is it better that studying in the UK? Would you recommend it?
Thanks!
Those are some very general questions. For some general answers: yes I recommend it. I have visited universities all around the world, and spoken with dozens of UK international students. Almost all of them absolutely love studying abroad. Universities in America especially get rave reviews. Europe can also be a great destination, and it tends to be a lot cheaper. If you have an interest, where do you think would like to live during your studies? Would you like to go abroad for a year or less as part of a degree at a UK uni, or for your whole degree? Both are great options. But if you can answer those questions then you can start narrowing it down and looking into more detail at what's available.

For a great site that's written by UK students for UK students about studying abroad, see Uni in the USA...and Beyond.
Reply 2
I did study abroad and would make the same decision again. It's always easier to come back rather than regret that you did not try...
Reply 3
Do you mean as part of a degree course in the UK or doing your whole degree abroad? Because they'll give you different answers to your questions. For the first, where you could study would depend on the options and partner universities that the one you are at in the UK would have ties with - limiting your choices. For the latter, well, you could study anywhere to the extent of you being able to afford it/ speak the language/ the university having your preferred course. I recommend google.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending