The Student Room Group

How do I fill in my student finance application for PTY?

I’m trying to fill in my application for PTY and it asks:

Where will you spend the most time during the academic year?

For the first and third term I can fill it in no problem but for the second term (6 January to 11 April 2025) there’s possibly more ambiguity and complexity.

Which of the options do I select out of the 3 available if I’ll be studying, doing nothing and working throughout that timeframe?

For context I’ll finish the study abroad in January or February (but I don’t know exactly when), then I hopefully do nothing in February (no studying or work abroad), then start a work placement in March (that will finish after June but before the next academic year).

This is obviously all assuming that I get the required grades to move forward and do this.

Many thanks.
Original post by Talkative Toad
I’m trying to fill in my application for PTY and it asks:
Where will you spend the most time during the academic year?
For the first and third term I can fill it in no problem but for the second term (6 January to 11 April 2025) there’s possibly more ambiguity and complexity.
Which of the options do I select out of the 3 available if I’ll be studying, doing nothing and working throughout that timeframe?
For context I’ll finish the study abroad in January or February (but I don’t know exactly when), then I hopefully do nothing in February (no studying or work abroad), then start a work placement in March (that will finish after June but before the next academic year).
This is obviously all assuming that I get the required grades to move forward and do this.
Many thanks.

Hi there,

To submit your application currently you can put the application same for all 3 until you find out doe definite if you will be studying abroad or not.

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

To submit your application currently you can put the application same for all 3 until you find out doe definite if you will be studying abroad or not.

Thanks,
Claire

I will be studying abroad (assuming that I get the grades)… but if you look at the OP I’ll be studying abroad and doing a work placement.

How do I fill my application in for the second term if I’ll finish studying abroad in jab/feb of 2025 (I don’t know exactly which month), do nothing in February, then start a work placement abroad in March? What option do I select? For the first term I can simply select study abroad and for the 3rd term I can select work placement abroad but I’m asking for what option I select for the 2nd term due to the situation above.

Many thanks in advance.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

You can still say you will be abroad in your 2nd term. If this was to change at a later date you should be able to update your application on your online account or you can submit a Change of Circumstances form.

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

You can still say you will be abroad in your 2nd term. If this was to change at a later date you should be able to update your application on your online account or you can submit a Change of Circumstances form.

Thanks, Drew

so do I select work placement aboard or study abroad?
Hi there,

I would select what you think will be the most likely and then it can be changed at a later date.

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

I would select what you think will be the most likely and then it can be changed at a later date.

Thanks, Drew

I've already explained my situation above that why i'm asking which option to select.

i'll be:

Studying from Sep-Jan/Feb (idk when i'll finish out of those 2 months)
Doing nothing in feb (no placement or study abroad).
Starting a work placement in March (that ends in september)

This is assuming that i get the required grades to do PTY (if i don't then i go straight to final year and no PTY).

What option our of the 3rd do I select for term 2 as a result?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
I've already explained my situation above that why i'm asking which option to select.
i'll be:
Studying from Sep-Jan/Feb (idk when i'll finish out of those 2 months)
Doing nothing in feb (no placement or study abroad).
Starting a work placement in March (that ends in september)
This is assuming that i get the required grades to do PTY (if i don't then i go straight to final year and no PTY).
What option our of the 3rd do I select for term 2 as a result?

Hi there. We ask that you select the option of where you would spend majority of the time during each term. Out of those 3 in this case it looks like this would be the work placement. As mentioned above, if this changes, this can be updated and changed at a later date. Thanks, David
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. We ask that you select the option of where you would spend majority of the time during each term. Out of those 3 in this case it looks like this would be the work placement. As mentioned above, if this changes, this can be updated and changed at a later date. Thanks, David

Thank you very much David
If you need anything else let us know 🙂 Thanks, Leah.
Original post by Leah SLC
If you need anything else let us know 🙂 Thanks, Leah.

Thank you
You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending