The Student Room Group

Entry requirements?

Hi, I have a friend who wishes to study at UCLAN from September, he has applied through UCAS and he requires 300 UCAS points at A2, the course is Accounting and finance. He is confident of getting a B in his Economics and Accounting A levels(A's in these two aren't possible with his ums), but not so confident of a B in his Business studies A level, he thinks he'll get a C at best.
What I want to know is that if come results day, should he miss out on his offer by one grade would he still be considered on the basis of his personal statement and reference? Have any of you guys been accepted even though you've missed your offer by a grade?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Umm, people have been known to get into university (not sure about UCLAN, though) without meeting their offer. It often depends on how many people got the places (met their offers/declined and went to their firm university/missed completely), how much they liked his application, etc.

It's hit and miss at best, and he really shouldn't depend on it.
Reply 2
Original post by trails
Umm, people have been known to get into university (not sure about UCLAN, though) without meeting their offer. It often depends on how many people got the places (met their offers/declined and went to their firm university/missed completely), how much they liked his application, etc.

It's hit and miss at best, and he really shouldn't depend on it.

Thanks.
Reply 3
Any more responses would be well appreciated.
Reply 4
Original post by Ronnie246
What about his third a level?
An A in economics would give 120 ucas points. A C would give 80 points, even if they were to get a B this would only equal 220 points.
What is he likely to get in his third a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ABC at A2 would be 300 ucas points which would be enough for him but he can't get an A in anything cos of his ums. He thinks he'll get B in his economics A level, B in his accounting A level but a C in his business studies A level which would leave him 20 ucas points short of the required 300.
Reply 5
Yeah sorry, I read your original post wrong :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Ronnie246
Yeah sorry, I read your original post wrong :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what do you reckon his chances are if he gets a C in business?
Original post by ArsenalWenger
So what do you reckon his chances are if he gets a C in business?

Pretty good, but it depends on whether the course is full.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending