The Student Room Group

Η Ελληνική Κοινωνία

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i thought you went to greece :s-smilie: shows how much i know :rolleyes:
i think a summer school in greece/cyprus would appeal to me more.
Reply 21
R.J.A
i thought you went to greece :s-smilie: shows how much i know :rolleyes:
i think a summer school in greece/cyprus would appeal to me more.

lol! no, i wish :biggrin:
yeah that would be good, but never heard of anything like that before. never really looked into it though lol
Reply 22
off to corfu on monday! :biggrin::biggrin: can't wait to get me some tzatziki and some proper greek bread!

i wish i'd known about that greek course at newcastle, me and my mam have been looking for years for a greek course round here but they keep being cancelled. was it during the day or a nightclass?
Reply 23
Mr. Jim
off to corfu on monday! :biggrin::biggrin: can't wait to get me some tzatziki and some proper greek bread!

i wish i'd known about that greek course at newcastle, me and my mam have been looking for years for a greek course round here but they keep being cancelled. was it during the day or a nightclass?

it was evening, from 6 to 8.30 on wednesday nights, but it might go back to being just 2 hours next term. Anyway here's a link - scroll down to Greek and it'll have all the details there (I was taught by Chrissi Nerantzi) and you can get to the main site from this link too: http://cll.sunderland.ac.uk/home.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=145&p=2CG :biggrin:
My "relationship" to Greece:

1) I had 2 Greek teachers at my school, none of them taught me but I absolutely adored them >> Greeks rock! They were always smiling and very funny and sweet and always wearing yellow shirts! They are called (absolutely brilliant name) Mr Tsakadakis and (also a cool name) Mr Damarkos.

2) I'm Russian so I share the Orthodox religion with Greeks, and I feel related to them for some reason... Also, Russians stole Greek alphabet and added like 10 letter and called it Russian. It's still alike.

3) There was a boy in my school called Zino by the birth certificate but Zeno in life because his parents didn't know how to spell properly bless! He was pretty much the school clown which confirms my belief that Greeks are funny people!

4) I am totally addicted to Taramasalata ever since I stopped calling it Tiramisu and now I have to buy it every week at Sainsburys. Not as good as the original, but good enough for me! I've been known to complain to Sainsbury's manager because there was no Taramasalata for 2 weeks in a row - the most embarassing thing I've ever done!

5) I think Greece is a really cool country with really cool people, and although I'm not really bothered about traveling and probably won't go anywhere ever, Greece is on of 4 places in the world that I'd like to visit (North Pole, Alaska and Germany are the other 3 :rolleyes:)

Anyway... Hi! :biggrin:
Reply 25
hallo from hania/crete !!1
Hello from nicosia cyprus;p
Reply 27
and from limassol :tongue:
Reply 28
how much am i totally going to do greek next year if it kills me? corfu was great, food great, people great, island great, waitors as pervy as ever... it's all part of the charm :p:
Yia,
eimai ellinas kai tha ertho stin anglia 2007
can you advice about the ucas education and teacher reference
pou eisai kai ti spoudasis??
Reply 30
dwse kamia pliroforia parapanw na se voi8isume an mporume!
twra mpeneis 3h lykeiou h kaneis kapoio allo programa opws ib;
k ti 8es na spoudaseis; exeis upopsin sou kapoia sigkekrimena panepistimia;
HELLO, Im from Cyprus

Is there anyone who is going to Ireland this year or currently studying in Ireland???

Pls help me if you can!:smile:
Reply 32
gia apo xania!!:p:
Reply 33
sweety17
gia apo xania!!:p:

poly wraia polh ta xania :smile:
Reply 34
xania7
poly wraia polh ta xania :smile:

nai:P eise ke esi apo xania?
Only greek (letters) I know came from learning Physics... and reading about the Phi Beta Kappa society. I know what PBK stands for. Woohoo.
Reply 36
sweety17
nai:P eise ke esi apo xania?

niah
Reply 37
xania7
niah

ok:P
:frown: don't understand :frown:
re!! wots happend to this greek community! xereis ti theloume, greeks to liven up this place re! ante na doume poios tha kanei to proto reply. lol half english miso ellinika.

Quick Reply

Latest