The Student Room Group

What is the best way to revise over notes you have previously revised? doing a resit.

I have already written out plenty of notes from my previous exam in January but my results weren't so good so i have to do a resit. I didn't do well because i messed up the sections, i knew the exam would be tight on time so i started quite quickly and in doing so i done two questions in the same section instead of doing one from each. I only realised i had done this once i had finished the exam which was pretty devastating. I wasted a total of 30 marks by doing this but n actual fact i had revised quite hard for this exam and done quite well considering...I ended up getting 27/30 out of the one question i had done right but ultimately this only got me 27/60 so i ended up getting a D. This is where i am stuck, i have already written the notes out and still remember some of them quite well, should i write them out again or just read over the ones i have already done??

Thanks

Aaron
Reply 1
Original post by Aaron9890
I have already written out plenty of notes from my previous exam in January but my results weren't so good so i have to do a resit. I didn't do well because i messed up the sections, i knew the exam would be tight on time so i started quite quickly and in doing so i done two questions in the same section instead of doing one from each. I only realised i had done this once i had finished the exam which was pretty devastating. I wasted a total of 30 marks by doing this but n actual fact i had revised quite hard for this exam and done quite well considering...I ended up getting 27/30 out of the one question i had done right but ultimately this only got me 27/60 so i ended up getting a D. This is where i am stuck, i have already written the notes out and still remember some of them quite well, should i write them out again or just read over the ones i have already done??

Thanks

Aaron

i find it easier to rewrite notes on the topics i don't understand. so maybe you could do that. also try revising by going on bite-size or by doing practice questions, instead of just trying to read your notes over and over again. also, you could try revising one topic per day instead of doing loads of different topics in a day, so only focus on one topic per day and try different revision methods.

Hope that helped
Reply 2
I'm in the same position as you for my biology re-sit. Basically, I revised really hard for it so remember 90% of it, I don't feel like re-writing all the basics I know or I'll just get bored. Instead, make notes on the things you think you're weak on or have forgotten. Then, move onto answering past paper questions, this will highlight more weaknesses. Just work efficiently.

You're actually in a very good position because you only made a silly error, some people who re-sit may not know anything and have to go back to the basics. You just need to give your notes a read and your back to the same position you were before!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MegFord
Hi guys! If any of you are interested, I made a video featuring a variety of advice and tips for GCSE and A-Level exam revision and stress etc :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGHt5d2Iyck

why you digging up posts from 2013?
Reply 4
Just because when I searched revision it came up as a thread, people do still read these believe it or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending