The Student Room Group

I am fuxked

my gcse is on monday and i started revising today honestly goodbye to lae and brampton
Reply 1
Original post by CAL999
my gcse is on monday and i started revising today honestly goodbye to lae and brampton

Just revise the main subjects. What did u get in mocks!
Reply 2
Original post by CAL999

same here
same g 😭😭

TBH, tbh.
As long as you can get to the NEXT LEVEL OF EDUCATION
And you can do A level subjects (even if they're not the ones YOU want to do)
It'll be fine :smile:

JUST make sure to smack yourself over the head repeatedly and think of how much of a poor investment you were for your parents and you shouuld be alright. Compare yourself to all those "smart" people in class, think of how many burger patties you'll be filling at your 9-5 shift in the future. Think of the things you could've done and mourn. Cry. Hate yourself for EVERY PART OF IT.

Then just find another spot to revise, seriously. I keep watching youtube in my room, so I'm forcing myself to revise in the presence of SOMEONE ELSE in order to make myself seem good by revisaing it actually worked! Not only do I falsely show my passion and regularity in revision, but I aid my efficiency for revision for an exam I had 2 years to prepare for.

Am i waffling considerably? Yes. But, am I not dwelling on the past? (previously, yes - but NOW i dont care. I am NOT GONNA PROCRASTINATE AND IM GONNA THINK OF HOW MUCH OF A FAILURE I AM)

GCCSES ARE EASY EVERYPNE.
THINK OF IT LIKE THIS:
- they built these exams for us, SPECIFICALLY TAIL:ORD FOR 15 16 YEAR OLDS
- dont get disheartened, make use of time

Don't be scared, Be prepared - you'd only be prepared if you started like 2 months , (something I never did)

Im prolly gonna not revise after this aswell im such a hypocrite

JUST REVISE GUYS IN ANOTHER ROOM
Reply 4
I was predicted A*s for everything, not getting that no more
Reply 5
Original post by noor ul hasan
same g 😭😭

TBH, tbh.

JUST make sure to smack yourself over the head repeatedly and think of how much of a poor investment you were for your parents and you should be alright. Compare yourself to all those "smart" people in class, think of how many burger patties you'll be filling at your 9-5 shift in the future. Think of the things you could've done and mourn. Cry. Hate yourself for EVERY PART OF IT.

Then just find another spot to revise, seriously. I keep watching youtube in my room, so I'm forcing myself to revise in the presence of SOMEONE ELSE in order to make myself seem good by revising it actually worked! Not only do I falsely show my passion and regularity in revision, but I aid my efficiency for revision for an exam I had 2 years to prepare for.

Am i waffling considerably? Yes. But, am I not dwelling on the past? (previously, yes - but NOW i dont care. I am NOT GONNA PROCRASTINATE AND IM GONNA THINK OF HOW MUCH OF A FAILURE I AM)

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS:

Don't be scared, Be prepared - you'd only be prepared if you started like 2 months , (something I never did)

thank you this is really helpful
Original post by CAL999

Gcses are the most useless qualifications after sats in year 6 (apart from certain universities, like oxford) - a levels matter way more.
Don't overthink it, just do what you need to do now and don't dwell on the regret.
At this point, be efficient, go through past papers and review topics you are weak in - pls don't go to easy topics, cuz you'll ace those anyway.
PMT and MME revise and Maths Genie have good resources.
Good luck and you can do this!
Reply 7
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Just revise the main subjects. What did u get in mocks!

bro dont even get me started on my mocks okay.
The subject that I am most confident in was english cz I got 9 for year 10 summative also I got 9 for my english lit.
HOWEVER I went down to a grade 8 for yr 11 summative ( but its fine cz its JUST A 8)....but gurly let me tell u yh, we had mocks like 1-2 months later and I DROPPED BY 6 GRADES FOR ENGLISH LIT......LIKE HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.....and for english lan I GOT A 5 BECAUSE I ONLY WROTE LIKE 1 PARAGRAH ( INTRO) FOR THE 40 MARKER.

what upsets me the most is that THE FREAKING ENGLISH TEACHER SAID I LOOKED TO MUCH INTO THE TEXT AND I SAID THEY DISAGEE WITH MY POINTS ( THEY EVEN WROTE THAT ON MY FREAKING EXAM PAPER)...............
AND HOW TF DID I GET GRADE 8 FOR GEOGRAPHY WHEN I REVISED FOR THE MOCKS AT LUNCH TIME B4 THE EXAM.
now I HAVE MY FREAKING Sociology exam tmr and i dont even know anything like please GOD GIVE ME 1 YEAR, JUST 1 MORE YEAR, NO JUST 1 MONTH AND I WILL REVISE UNTILL MY EYES BLEED.

anyways thx for listening to my rant.
ALSO MY SCHOOL FREAKING MESSED UP WITH MY GRADES AND GAVE MY RAW MOCK GRADE FOR SOME OF MY SUBJECTS TO MY SIXTHFORMS.

anyways, I have sociology and biology tmr.
next week I have so many exams, can someone tell me how to revise cz i dont know since i have never even properly revised for any of my tests. oh yh how tf do i even revise for maths last min.
Reply 8
Original post by Mr Reviser
same here

pls....lets fail our gcse's together :smile:
So you start revising the day before your exams and are then surprised that your grades are so bad?
Reply 10
Original post by noor ul hasan
same g 😭😭

TBH, tbh.

JUST make sure to smack yourself over the head repeatedly and think of how much of a poor investment you were for your parents and you shouuld be alright. Compare yourself to all those "smart" people in class, think of how many burger patties you'll be filling at your 9-5 shift in the future. Think of the things you could've done and mourn. Cry. Hate yourself for EVERY PART OF IT.

Then just find another spot to revise, seriously. I keep watching youtube in my room, so I'm forcing myself to revise in the presence of SOMEONE ELSE in order to make myself seem good by revisaing it actually worked! Not only do I falsely show my passion and regularity in revision, but I aid my efficiency for revision for an exam I had 2 years to prepare for.

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS:

Same, I am like the biggest hypocrite ( well except for my ex-friends). I said after my mocks I am going to revise my ass off, BUT THOSE flipping kdramas were so good, I couldn't help myself...
Reply 11
I was predicted A*s for everything, not getting that no more

Bro.....teach me ur secrets.
I couldn't even get that as predicted...
Reply 12
Original post by CAL999
Bro.....teach me ur secrets.
I couldn't even get that as predicted...

Not gonna lie, I just revise the night before and hope for the best. I watch videos on youtube, make notes hoping that my head will blurt it out in the exam and hope for the best. It actually works for me. That is what I have been doing for the past year in mocks and will do in GCSE. Hope that helps.
Reply 13
y'all acc have mock n predicted grades 😭 i'm jus sitting here hoping i do extremely well in my gcses w/o any predicted grades or whatev oh my goodness
Reply 14
Original post by CAL999
bro dont even get me started on my mocks okay.
The subject that I am most confident in was english cz I got 9 for year 10 summative also I got 9 for my english lit.
HOWEVER I went down to a grade 8 for yr 11 summative ( but its fine cz its JUST A 8)....but gurly let me tell u yh, we had mocks like 1-2 months later and I DROPPED BY 6 GRADES FOR ENGLISH LIT......LIKE HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.....and for english lan I GOT A 5 BECAUSE I ONLY WROTE LIKE 1 PARAGRAH ( INTRO) FOR THE 40 MARKER.

what upsets me the most is that THE FREAKING ENGLISH TEACHER SAID I LOOKED TO MUCH INTO THE TEXT AND I SAID THEY DISAGEE WITH MY POINTS ( THEY EVEN WROTE THAT ON MY FREAKING EXAM PAPER)...............
AND HOW TF DID I GET GRADE 8 FOR GEOGRAPHY WHEN I REVISED FOR THE MOCKS AT LUNCH TIME B4 THE EXAM.
now I HAVE MY FREAKING Sociology exam tmr and i dont even know anything like please GOD GIVE ME 1 YEAR, JUST 1 MORE YEAR, NO JUST 1 MONTH AND I WILL REVISE UNTILL MY EYES BLEED.

anyways thx for listening to my rant.
ALSO MY SCHOOL FREAKING MESSED UP WITH MY GRADES AND GAVE MY RAW MOCK GRADE FOR SOME OF MY SUBJECTS TO MY SIXTHFORMS.

anyways, I have sociology and biology tmr.
next week I have so many exams, can someone tell me how to revise cz i dont know since i have never even properly revised for any of my tests. oh yh how tf do i even revise for maths last min.

Fir Maths u just do practice questions. Over and over again. Learn the method for the working.
Reply 15
Original post by mzzz_k
y'all acc have mock n predicted grades 😭 i'm jus sitting here hoping i do extremely well in my gcses w/o any predicted grades or whatev oh my goodness

Not gonna lie, I just revise the night before and hope for the best. I watch videos on youtube, make notes hoping that my head will blurt it out in the exam and hope for the best. It actually works for me. That is what I have been doing for the past year in mocks and will do in GCSE. Hope that helps.

(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest