The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Hull is my insurance offer! Sort of wishin it was my firm tho as i prefer the actual place to Liverpool! Its so nice!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
bigmouth strikes again!
I'm going to Hull this September to study Politics.
Anyone else, or am I on my own with this one?

I am a Malaysian studying in Northampton. Hull University is my firm choice for Law with Politics. If I stay in the UK for university, I will definitely go there. So, I shall c u there, probably during some politics modules lecture. :smile:

Have you been to the open day?
Caroline - You're probably the first person to say something nice about the actual place.

Chinyin - No, because I had to apply through Extra. I'll go to the next one though.
The Uni is genuinely lovely, it like a big modern campus with loads of grass etc, the accomodation is alright not the best i've seen but seriously it could be much worse. The town did sorta live up to its crap name but its not as bad as every1 makes out, and its not like u will spend that much time in Hull itself as there is a massive club on campus and u can shop etc in Cottingham. I so wish i was goin!
Reply 5
I got allocated to Hull yesterday! So see you all in September :biggrin:
I'm going to study Drama. Where have you applied to stay? Bring on September!!
Reply 7
hey lauren lauren - i think we may have PM'd bfore?! anywho - just wondering where else u applied and what made u choose hull for your course and uni life in general?!
Hi Mmmyummy.
I applied to Exeter, Essex, Kent, East Anglia, Lancaster and Hull. I chose Hull for a number of reasons. I'm on a gap year at the moment and so have been fortunate enough to see how my friends are enjoying uni. All of them love it, but the ones that are having the best time are those that a) LOVE their course and b) have found the people at their uni to be friendly and welcoming. What struck me about Hull over some of the other choices was the atmosphere - everyone i met was chatty and made an effort to talk to you. Its also been voted friendliest uni in the country and my primary concern when choosing a uni was finding somewhere that i know i'll have a good time at and meet some lovely people.

In terms of the course, Drama at Hull is quite adaptable, you can to a certain extent mould it to a course reflecting your preferences. Plus its obvious that the people already on the course thoroughly enjoy it and its really up and coming.

I do remember talking to you about it, are you applying in September? Where are you looking to apply to?
Reply 9
Hey People, I have chosen Hull Uni has my firm offer for computer science...WOO HOO... anyway how lenient do you think they be at all if you miss their grade offer?
very LOL just finished there
Reply 11
beLIEve
Hey People, I have chosen Hull Uni has my firm offer for computer science...WOO HOO... anyway how lenient do you think they be at all if you miss their grade offer?

It depends which course you want to do. My boyfriend applied but got CCC and they still accepted him. He wants to do it with games development so he'll have to take Maths as his Free Elective as he didn't do it at A-Level.

I'm going too. I'll hopefully be studying English Literature with Creative Writing. If I don't meet the grades for that (BBB) then my insurance is for Media, culture and society also at Hull.

I'm going straight into housing too as I already have a couple of friends there! I am looking forward to it .. a lot! :biggrin:
I reccomend that everyone goes to http://www.hulluniversityforum.co.uk as there is currently over 200 registered hull students there.

Latest