The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, new to the website and such but i stumbled across this thread and since i love the show, i thought i'd offer my two cents on how i see the whole numbering system. Even made a little table :smile:

Original post by bubble999
Hehe :gah:

"Hey! do you chat to people or just use TSR for the ego boost?"
:hat:
Original post by calileo
Hey, new to the website and such but i stumbled across this thread and since i love the show, i thought i'd offer my two cents on how i see the whole numbering system. Even made a little table :smile:

Hey, welcome :h:

There was another doctor from a film years ago :tongue:
Original post by getfunky!
"Hey! do you chat to people or just use TSR for the ego boost?"
:hat:

I do, ****s... I mean Funks :ninja:
Hey, welcome :h:

There was another doctor from a film years ago :tongue:

I'm guessing you mean Peter Cushing's Doctor right? If so, his one isn't officially recognised. Moffat did apparantly want some reference to him in the 50th though!
Original post by calileo
I'm guessing you mean Peter Cushing's Doctor right? If so, his one isn't officially recognised. Moffat did apparantly want some reference to him in the 50th though!

Yep :tongue: I know but he still was the doctor, so some may count him :dontknow:
Ooh I didn't know that :shock:
Yep :tongue: I know but he still was the doctor, so some may count him :dontknow:
Ooh I didn't know that :shock:

From what i've read he wanted to have the two movie posters inside the black archive for zygon kate and clara to walk past. To me it seemed the way moffat talked about it, that he wanted cushing's to actually be a film version where the first doctor's adventures had been noticed but sort of distorted. I suppose kind of a true story chinese whispers film.
Original post by calileo
From what i've read he wanted to have the two movie posters inside the black archive for zygon kate and clara to walk past. To me it seemed the way moffat talked about it, that he wanted cushing's to actually be a film version where the first doctor's adventures had been noticed but sort of distorted. I suppose kind of a true story chinese whispers film.

That would have been so good, why didn't that happen? :sad:
That would have been so good, why didn't that happen? :sad:

Couldn't get the rights to the official posters because of the price or something like that. Oh well at least now in just under 24 hours we get our lovely new shiny capaldi doctor :tongue:
Have you had a go at the browser ad game on youtube to see the exclusive content?
CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:eek3:

:party:
Original post by calileo

Coo. Moffat to recog Cushing? That's news! :eek:

Your table is awesome, did it take a lot of work?! :colondollar:
Can anyone tell me the character flaws of the doctors? Like I know the 10th doctor's was arrogance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Coo. Moffat to recog Cushing? That's news! :eek:

Your table is awesome, did it take a lot of work?! :colondollar:

It actually didn't take me a lot as i'd thought about it tons already even before joining this thread :tongue: I know a lot of people that have had trouble with the numbering, but i found it sort of easy as i think i'm more or less right with my table.

I just can't wait for a bunch of certain things in series 8 though, i'm eager for my answers!
Anyone else agree that the new Doctor is more suitable to an Emmerdale role? He is just so boring, and so difficult to understand. His jokes just don't sound funny at all - barely any character at all.

As for the episode in general; it started with the same typical story of the doctor wasting half an hour acting mentally disabled after his transformation, and the companion boringly trying to comprehend what has happened. It's just so repetitive!

The jokes and one liners were also poorly presented, such as when the 'Sontaran' threw a newspaper powerfully enough to knock Clara out. Boring. As for the characters; Clara is the only one worth watching. The lesbian green alien thing is just painful to look at, and the Sontaran's speech is 60% mocking humans, e.g. "boy".

I honestly believe this is a massive downgrade from the last three doctors.

Any similar thoughts?
I like it :biggrin:
Well it's different...but a good different!
Bad different

This new doctor is totally lame. And he's too old for my liking.
And the accomplice wasn't even that hot..

Would not watch again.
Original post by bittr n swt
Bad different

This new doctor is totally lame. And he's too old for my liking.
And the accomplice wasn't even that hot..

Would not watch again.

Clara is beautiful. Leave her alone.
Reply 3398
Terrible, annoying, slapstick humour (like Clara being knocked out with a paper or the Doctor falling through the tree) with stupid one-liners and I cannot stand that lame, unfunny sontarin character either. Maybe Peter Capaldi will get better as the series goes on, but I won't be watching it lol.

Though as ever, the title sequence was very cool!
What do you think of the new Doctor I kind of like him He's obviously very different to Matt Smith but he is also a bit more intense different but still good

Quick Reply

Latest