The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull freshers week/Accommodation

Hello I am hopefully gona be doing the Jazz & Popular Music course this Sept and am wondering since the date to move into halls is so late '28th Sept' Does this mean people who don't live in hull will miss freshers? Does anyone know the freshers week date? Its probably before and I live in Belfast, will I have to get a B&B/hotel if I want to attend freshers or can you move in earlier to halls??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Freshers will be in the week after all the freshers move in. It would be a pointless freshers week if most of them couldn't make it. Most people will move in on either the 20th or the 28th and freshers will start on the 30th so that everybody is included.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
That's so good to hear. I know it sounded daft but I couldnt find the freshers date and found last years which was something around 20th and thought how silly if we missed the best part.

Thank you for your reply,
Does that mean all classes start after that? Surely not during or before
Reply 3
That's okay :smile: Yeah I think so, it did for all my friends who are in their first year and they all go to different unis. I think it would be difficult to try and fit in classes along with all the events and sorting out we will need to do in our first week.
Reply 4
Just found out my course starts on the 30th, so it probably is during freshers. I don't think that it will be full classes though, just introductions.. so still able to enjoy freshers :smile:
What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah it won't be any full on stuff :smile: Zoology. Which accommodation are you hoping to get?
Original post by chrisheron91
Just found out my course starts on the 30th, so it probably is during freshers. I don't think that it will be full classes though, just introductions.. so still able to enjoy freshers :smile:
What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you find out when your course starts?
Reply 7
Original post by gracecooke55
how do you find out when your course starts?

It should be on the uni website :smile:
Reply 8
I just emailed my tutor who I auditioned with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hoping to get bungalows btw :smile: 2nd 3rd choice lawns, what about you and what is zoology?? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hoping to get bungalows btw :smile: 2nd 3rd choice lawns, what about you and what is zoology?? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully self-catered at the Lawns. Haha, its the study of animals :smile:
Reply 11
I didn't wana go for the obvious incase that wasn't what it was, that's awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I didn't wana go for the obvious incase that wasn't what it was, that's awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's okay, most people normally think it means I want to be a zoo keeper :L
Reply 13
I went to the hull open day and the lawns campsu is very good

Quick Reply

Latest