The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

how did everyone calculate the payback period for q1?
Reply 381
Original post by Atha Moussios
how did everyone calculate the payback period for q1?

(cost of investment - net cumulative inflows of nearest year)
Divided by
Net inflows of the next year
Reply 382
I only found the payback easy because i do accounting
what figures did u use
Reply 384
For ARR i didnt deduct the original cost so
Got 38% too. But i got payback correct -3yrs 6 weeks . How many marks have i lost ?, i did the ARR working out, just didnt minus the original cost..
Reply 385
****ed up the first question; got 3.8 for payback and 30 point something for ARR (totally forgot how to work that one out!:L)- the other three were alright though! Anyone else got any particular opinion?:L
What figures and how did everyone calculate the payback?
Reply 387
what figures did u use

(10000000 - 52000000)
/
the net inflow for the 4th year cant remember what it was
then x by 12
Reply 388
Also what did people write about Q2 , wether if its a good idea
To remove layers or not?
What figures and how did everyone calculate the payback?

i got 3 years and 38 days.
Reply 390
HELP :frown:

Hey guys,

For question one I mucked up real bad and I knew how to do it but I just couldn't concentrate.
My question is how many marks will I get for doing this:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 15 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%
when instead its supposed to be:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 10 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%

Basically I put 15 instead of 10 because I read it wrong. How many marks would I get?
Reply 391
Original post by Khilen
For ARR i didnt deduct the original cost so
Got 38% too. But i got payback correct -3yrs 6 weeks . How many marks have i lost ?, i did the ARR working out, just didnt minus the original cost..

I did the same and my teacher reckons around 5 marks
Reply 392
Original post by dulwin
HELP :frown:

Hey guys,

For question one I mucked up real bad and I knew how to do it but I just couldn't concentrate.
My question is how many marks will I get for doing this:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 15 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%
when instead its supposed to be:

5.2/4 = 1.3/ 10 = 0.13 x 100 = 13%

Basically I put 15 instead of 10 because I read it wrong. How many marks would I get?

Probably wont lose any possibly 1 because they will see that you obviously calculated it correctly just wrote the working out wrong
Reply 393
Original post by SMGColey
Probably wont lose any possibly 1 because they will see that you obviously calculated it correctly just wrote the working out wrong

Thank you :smile:

What if I put 15 instead of 10 and therefore got the wrong answer but I put the right formula with half the formula correct would that be 4/8?
Reply 394
Original post by mjmoo
How did you get the answer as 13% if you divided by 15?

If you just wrote divided by 15 instead of 10 but still got the answer right as 13% and got the payback period correct as 3 years and 1.2 months (6 weeks) then I think you would get 6/8...

1.2 months is not 6 weeks because 0.2 of a month is not 2 weeks, that would be 1.5 months I got 1.24 months so got 3 years 1 month and 1 week because 0.25 (a quarter)of a month Is a week
I got the A.R.R wrong because I divided it by revenue instead of initial cost (silly me). It was 13% in hindsight and the payback varied if you done from weeks, days or months. I got 3 years 2 months (rounding up). Good paper, but ran out of time later on. What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 396
Original post by Khilen
Also what did people write about Q2 , wether if its a good idea
To remove layers or not?

Yeah i agreed to remove layers as it decreases line of communication which meets his objective of employees having a faster approach of communication to meet new markets etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
What do you think's the grade boundary for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
Original post by dulwin
Thank you :smile:

What if I put 15 instead of 10 and therefore got the wrong answer but I put the right formula with half the formula correct would that be 4/8?

yeah more than likely but hopefully made that mark up in the bigger questions
Reply 399
Original post by kky_l
What do you think's the grade boundary for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the past it's been around 53ish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending