The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Chemistry Unit 1 - 23Rd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ble

Ahh thats a real killer, at least you seem to understand your stuff, just be more confident with your first answers!! Do you think you'll retake in Jan or actually will you be okay?

Ouch, all of my friends who did BIOL1 came out a bit shocked too, best of luck! Keep on it, almost over now. I, on the other hand, have 9 exams left!

Well we aren't allowed to do resits in Jan anymore (since there are no Jan exams anymore)! :frown: so the next exams will be next summer :/ if I leave Chem2 feeling okay then I probably wont and just try and pull through A2!
Thanks! wow 9 exams left! I thought I had loads of exams (8 all together, 3 left) good luck I am sure you'll ace them :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 781
Speaking of Q7, what did everyone get for the one before the purity of Zn question, it was something to do with theoretical mass of ZnCl2 or something
Reply 782
why is phosphine insoluble??
Reply 783
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
Well we aren't allowed to do resits in Jan anymore (since there are no Jan exams anymore)! :frown: so the next exams will be next summer :/ if I leave Chem2 feeling okay then I probably wont and just try and pull through A2!
Thanks! wow 9 exams left! I thought I had loads of exams (8 all together, 3 left) good luck I am sure you'll ace them :tongue: :biggrin:

Is that like nationwide? Bummer.
Yeahh, try not to dell on chem1 too much, there's not much you can do now and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. I knoww, the penance for doing further maths; 12 exams in total, 8 remaining (correction!), thats over 13.25 hours of exams left! Thanks, same to you! :biggrin:

Original post by J525
Speaking of Q7, what did everyone get for the one before the purity of Zn question, it was something to do with theoretical mass of ZnCl2 or something

Really can remember, about 8 grams perhaps? Don't hold me to that.

Original post by neji123
why is phosphine insoluble??

I think because it doesn't form hydrogen bonds with water (so the only intermolecular forces holding phosphine to water molecules is Van Der Waals', which are much weaker).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by J525

I think I got 8.84 or something like that. Can't remember properly :colondollar:
Reply 785
Original post by m00c0w
53/54 for an A probably

well jan was easier and that was 54
Reply 786
Original post by lorobolorolo
I think I got 8.84 or something like that. Can't remember properly :colondollar:

i think that was the correct answer.
Reply 787
Original post by preyan
Also for the use of that cracking thing i just wrote fuel. Is that wrong or right

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wrote that too!
Reply 788
Original post by simplylou
i wrote that too!

Yeah I think in a couple of pages we got to the point where it he/she found an old mark scheme that credit just fuel as an answer, but we're not quite sure, could go either way!
Reply 789
Hopefully they will credit just fuel, but the actual answer is diesel fuel
Reply 790
Original post by maik13
well jan was easier and that was 54

theres no way january was easier, they introuced loads of new concepts in this exam we didn't even get pv = nrt, think this was the hardest one i've done
The maths was difficult, tbh. Apart from that, although I made mistakes the paper wasn't heard and I'm worried about he boundaries.

hopefully about 54:frown:
Reply 792
Original post by m00c0w
Hopefully they will credit just fuel, but the actual answer is diesel fuel

will i get penalised for saying "diesel"
Reply 793
What did everyone put for (i can't remember which exactly) one of the last questions where it asked for the type of crystal structure? I'm sure it was a transition metal and a non metal!
Reply 794
Original post by The Lawful T.J
I got C4H but was having second thoughts about putting C3H..

- Tom

I put CH4 as well.What is the correct answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by neji123
will i get penalised for saying "diesel"

No reason not to award it, you'll be fine.
Reply 796
Original post by GD2822
What did everyone put for (i can't remember which exactly) one of the last questions where it asked for the type of crystal structure? I'm sure it was a transition metal and a non metal!

i wrote ionic but for some reason in the explanation i said strong covalent bonds between atoms, i have no idea what made me say that lol biggest mistake of my life
Original post by GD2822

i put ionic:confused:
Original post by ble
Is that like nationwide? Bummer.
Yeahh, try not to dell on chem1 too much, there's not much you can do now and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. I knoww, the penance for doing further maths; 12 exams in total, 8 remaining (correction!), thats over 13.25 hours of exams left! Thanks, same to you! :biggrin:

Yup!! Yeah there isn't, all I can do now is make sure I am prepared for chem2
I hope so haha!
Wow 13.2 hours makes it sound worse :O
I'm sure we will both be fine :grin:
Reply 799
Original post by chelley2
I put CH4 as well.What is the correct answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did the same but the answer is c3h because carbon cant have more than 4 bonds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending