The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This is only a generalisation...they obv dont always come up...

Central Concepts......Meiosis, the kidney, nerves (also the waffly subjects like classification). respiration or photosynthesis are pretty big aswell

Unifying Concepts.......Quite difficult to say really, but personnally I would say plants or DNA

Mammalian Pysh......Behaviour, the eye, the brain, digestion, seem to be the most common out of the past papers Ive done
Reply 2
oky, classification, which is that?
Reply 3
Miss Amy
Mammalian Pysh......Behaviour, the eye, the brain, digestion, seem to be the most common out of the past papers Ive done

Not the heart then?
Reply 4
Axon
Not the heart then?

I really hope your not doing mammalian because the heart isnt covered in this module. The only paper which could have the heart on would be unifying concepts
Reply 5
suzukiescudo
oky, classification, which is that?

Biology 2 book, anbd would be in central concepts+could also come up in unifying concepts!

I hated classification for some reason. Its the classification of organisms (taxonomy). You need to know the 5 kingdoms

prokaryote

protocists

fungi

plants

animals

You also need to know the taxons

kingdom

phylum

class

order

family

genus

species

Also in that section you have to know about natural + artifical selection, overproduction, variation, mutation.
I would also recommend knowing about allopatric and sumpatric speciation.

Hope thats some help :yy:
Reply 6
its simpatric speciation is it not?
Reply 7
omg!!

theres soo much to do, and sooo little time...
mama-miya

the central concepts exam, is that also known as the synoptic paper....

how do you revise a mass quantity in a short period of time..
strugglin alot!
Reply 8
suzukiescudo
omg!!

theres soo much to do, and sooo little time...
mama-miya

the central concepts exam, is that also known as the synoptic paper....

how do you revise a mass quantity in a short period of time..
strugglin alot!

Nope the central concepts and synoptic are different papers. For CC you need to know biology 2, whereas synoptic is more of a general paper drawing on your knowledge from all your AS modules and A2. You'll also have a paper on your optional module (mam phys, genetics, environmental etc whichever you picked!) :smile:
Reply 9
manny
its simpatric speciation is it not?

Im sure is sympatric, sorry, that was poor spelling on my part :p:
Reply 10
synoptic is known as unifying concepts-which covers all of AS and A2!!!!! :frown:
Reply 11
speedybecs
synoptic is known as unifying concepts-which covers all of AS and A2!!!!! :frown:

Its disgusting isnt it!
Have you noticed that in some questions you get a mark for repeating whats written in the question! So confused why.....an english studect could do that, hey any non biolgy student could do it.

So while your busy writing about your biological knowledge..... the examiner is laughing because the mark you lost was written in the question.... DOH
Reply 12
crafty examiner!!!

darn them
Reply 13
suzukiescudo
crafty examiner!!!

darn them

darn?? Suzukie...how old are you? Lol only kidding :p:

Well just have 2 show them wot were made of :smile: (noone is allowed to post saying 70% water or something stupid like that ok!!! lol )

Latest

Trending

Trending