The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History - Making of Modern Britain(2S) Exam Chat - 9th June 2023

Hi - this can be the thread for this topic if there is enough people.
Does anyone do this topic for history? How is everyone feeling and what predictions do people have?

Scroll to see replies

do you think blair and the iraq war could come up given its anniversary too? thanks! <3
Reply 2
very scared for this paper... my teachers have predicted 70s heath to come up, what about everyone else's predictions?
Reply 3
Original post by hamlethath12
do you think blair and the iraq war could come up given its anniversary too? thanks! <3

I think Blair could definitely come up, but it could be any question on Blair to be honest, his foreign policy has come up before though once a source on Iraq on the specimen paper and an essay on Blairs foreign policy.
Would like a 97 election question but it could be anything on Blair as i said. Possibly something like 'to what extent did New Labour achieve their aims'?
Reply 4
Original post by slayquee
very scared for this paper... my teachers have predicted 70s heath to come up, what about everyone else's predictions?

I find the 64-79 section horrible apart from the society stuff. I'd like to think there is surely a Blair or Thatcher question if not both, because Blair did not come up last year and Thatcher always comes up.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by nj_anonymous
I find the 64-79 section horrible apart from the society stuff. I'd like to think there is surely a Blair or Thatcher question if not both, because Blair did not come up last year and Thatcher always comes up.

1997-2007 did come up last year tho about Conservative divisions. Last year broke the trend but seems Blair or Thatcher is always the source question. They’ve not done Thatcher’s downfall yet so that could be a good source/essay question. Also thinking the 1979 election maybe.
Most likely topics to come up are Heath/Callaghan and Major since they didn’t come up last year. I can see a what extent Thatcher’s legacy hampered Major question maybe? Also think society 1987-1997 would be interesting, like was it socially conservative or socially liberal.
Literally impossible to predict tho
Original post by mollyg01
1997-2007 did come up last year tho about Conservative divisions. Last year broke the trend but seems Blair or Thatcher is always the source question. They’ve not done Thatcher’s downfall yet so that could be a good source/essay question. Also thinking the 1979 election maybe.
Most likely topics to come up are Heath/Callaghan and Major since they didn’t come up last year. I can see a what extent Thatcher’s legacy hampered Major question maybe? Also think society 1987-1997 would be interesting, like was it socially conservative or socially liberal.
Literally impossible to predict tho

how would you structure a question on factors behind thatcher's downfall?
Does anyone know what came up in the AS paper?

The chapters that haven't come up yet are Chapter 8 foreign affairs, Chapter 9 heath (but this came up in our AS paper last year i think), chapter 12 foreign affairs, Chapter 15 impact of Thatcherism on society, Chapter 19 social issues, and Chapter 23 social issues.
3 of those chapters are on society so I'm thinking society might come up, also a domestic politics question bc its quite common.

Literally could be anything tho.
Reply 9
do people think northern ireland is likely to come up?
do people think northern ireland is likely to come up?

Didn't that come up in our AS paper last year as the source question? It could still come up tho ig
does anyone know what came up on the AS paper this year so maybe we can deduce from that what’s not coming in our paper? thanks! <3
does anyone think europe will come up? like the eec referendum maybe?
Reply 13
what are people focusing on for last minute revision for tomorrow?

I’m probably going to do more on the earlier social stuff and then thatcher major and Blair
Original post by vale_2
theres someone that selling this exact paper and its real :confused:

Really 😱
Reply 16
Original post by vale_2
yeah but its so expensive

how do you know it is real?
Original post by vale_2
theres someone that selling this exact paper and its real :confused:

This been a recurring problem with AQA this year
(edited 10 months ago)
Heath/ nIreland in 70s/80s/ major
What was on last years paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending