The Student Room Group

It's all men's fault

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I avoid females - and males. Do you know that they can kill you with their bare hands? Even the weak looking ones.
Original post by Apple Juice Fan
lies lies lies, how you know what your father wanted or what went on with your mother and himself, maybe she stopped him having access to you.

I stand by my op, lies lies lies leis

Thank you for your ignorance! Have you ever been in my situation?

I was not a little kid when my parent's divorced, for your information. I heard the arguments from both sides. They did not get on well, and both were better off divorced. I was old enough to understand their reason's for divorce.

If my father cared about me he would have at least sent me a card or text to say happy birthday - he had my phone number and had my address after all. Following the divorce, he didn't do this, and has not contacted me in any way since. I'm not sure what he did want but her certainly didn't want much to do with me, otherwise he's still be in my life, wouldn't he?

My mum has provided for me financially and emotionally all of my life and would give up anything for me.

My dad paid for household bills, never ever asked me how school was going, and stopped paying for me at the earliest opportunity that he could when it was not longer legally required.

Who actually cares and has my best interests?

My mum didn't stop me having access to my father. She stated perfectly clearly that I could see him any time I wanted to. I had his number and my own phone contract - I could have called but I decided not to ask to meet up.
Reply 22
Oh come on every young lad needs a father figure in his life... although im sure TV now fulfills that role so her here :wink:
Wow. I really don't get the furore either behind the campaign or against it.

If you want to have kids, great. Go do it.

If you don't, then don''t. No worries.

What's the problem? Why do people have such an investment in what other people do with their bodies? I just don't get it :dontknow:
Original post by Ultimate1

Also can anyone imagine a main stream newspaper publishing an article lambasting women so openly?

I don't think the article was lambasting men, I think you're reading far too much into it. It was merely saying that men also have a say in when couples have children, this is far from controversial.

There's is this inane idea that someone women should always get everything they want. That the whole world has to flip upsidedown to accommodate them. That everyone has to conform to what women want out of life. This is ridiculous.

If the state starts coercing men into breeding with women I'm putting my boots to the street.

I don't understand this point. My partner and I are planning to have children perhaps three or four years from now. Both being guys but wanting children genetically related to both of us, we'll be using one of his sister's eggs (as siblings are almost identical genetically, the child will be equally related to both of us), fertilised by my sperm and implanted into a surrogate.

Your point about men's obsolescence and animal husbandry seem fairly wide of the mark, as in our case we're the ones making all the decisions about when, where, how etc. And frankly, looking at our straight friends and our siblings, it seems like procreation is a fairly equal proposition, particularly as women are the ones that carry the children in their belly for 9 months.

In all, I think you're grossly overreacting. The whole point is that in the 21st century both sexes have choices about procreation
Original post by Picnic1
I avoid females - and males. Do you know that they can kill you with their bare hands? Even the weak looking ones.

You're mad, you are :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by PythianLegume
Really? We have a fairly stable population at the moment, especially from British people. Much of the increase is down to immigrants and their children (although I don't see this as a problem - the world has an issue with overpopulation, Britain doesn't).

Are you serious? We are the 17th most overpopulated country on Earth and if we had to survive solely on the resources we could provide ourselves with, we could only support a quarter of the country.
First they wanted abortions for all, now they want children for all.

Whine awayyy
SilverstarDJ
She took the decision to get a divorce as it was a better environment for me to grow up in (ie without my dad). We had cutbacks financially but life was a lot better without him.

So, your mum took the decision to divorce your dad, because it was better for you to be without your dad around..........but she did not try and stop you seeing your dad? I realise that you mean in a different context, post-divorce, but these two statements seem dangerously close to being contradictory.

My mum didn't stop me having access to my father. She stated perfectly clearly that I could see him any time I wanted to.

This doesn't mean that she didn't take any action to stop him seeing you. You know your mum, but, from the onlooker's perspective, you merely saying that she told YOU you could see him, doesn't necessarily mean she hasn't said or done anything to discourage him from contacting you.

I had his number and my own phone contract - I could have called but I decided not to ask to meet up.

How old were you, when your parents divorced? I realise that the onus is more on the parent to make contact with the child, than vice versa, but were you even a child? Maybe he thought the fact that you didn't contact him, meant that you didn't want anything to do with him?

SilverstarDJ
So, you think it is right for a father to walk away and not support his child because he was given what you say is an unfair deal?

No, I never said it was RIGHT; just that it's inevitable, when fathers are given such raw deals, in so many cases.

At any rate, I don't think anyone's denying that a minority of fathers are just bad fathers. It's just that things aren't as black and white as they may at first seem.
Reply 29
This thread smells like GirlWritesWhat.
I like it.

By the way, women initiate 75% of divorces, so it's rich for them to complain about androcentric inability to commit to marriage.
Original post by Apple Juice Fan
lies lies lies, how you know what your father wanted or what went on with your mother and himself, maybe she stopped him having access to you.

I stand by my op, lies lies lies leis

To tell someone that they have less of an idea about how their parents acted then you do is utterly moronic.
Reply 32
This article is idiotic right from the start.

Why, oh why, does the woman get to make the choice about having a baby? If a woman didn't want a baby, but the man did, I daresay this article would be very different. Probably along the lines of how men would be horrible sex-addicted loonies who'd rape women daily until they were pregnant.

Secondly, who says the man doesn't have his reasons? If a man cannot financially support a baby, for example, and the woman forced the man to impregnate her, then the baby would be severely disadvantaged, and it would be unfair on said baby.

Honestly, society sometimes is stupid. Both men and women have an equal say in such affairs, especially life-changing things like having a baby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending