The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Sadly wrestling's been getting a bit stale in the past couple of years...but TNA appear to be building up to starting a war with WWE (WWE's legal department have been contacting TNA several times because of the VKM angles), so hopefully the crap will stop soon :smile:

Really, roll on the day when Ring of Honor becomes a big company. RoH isn't really about the **** gimmicks and angles - it's about the wrestling ability.
Reply 381
I remember the Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan and the British Bulldog from 1990 now thats scary showing my age now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wrestling_Entertainment#World_Wrestling_Entertainment
Reply 382
cjgbr
I remember the Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan and the British Bulldog from 1990 now thats scary showing my age now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wrestling_Entertainment#World_Wrestling_Entertainment

Not really showing your age :p: I can remember quite a few workers from the early 90s - Doink, Papa Shango, Yokozuna, Crush, Giant Gonzalez (I WISH I'd forget him), Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, to name just a few...I was just a young'un at the time but I can still remember them :biggrin:
Reply 383
From wwe.com:

WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more on Bigelow's passing becomes available.

WWE.com has put up a story with reactions from their superstars to today's passing of Bam Bam Bigelow. Among others here are a few:

Rob Van Dam: I’ve never seen anyone of Bam Bam’s size move the way he did. He’s one of the strongest men I’ve ever been in the ring with. In the old ECW, he was the big star that added credibility to our cause. It was an honor to work with him and to know him. One of the favorite moments of my career was the night in Buffalo where I beat him for the ECW Television Title; I got the biggest rub of my career that night, and that match turned me into a Superstar. Everything from there has been uphill, and I’ve always been seen with a different perception and higher respect from the fans. I’ve always enjoyed bragging when I show off the old ECW Television Title to the fans that I beat Bam Bam for that title. He was a true Superstar, I enjoyed watching him as a fan, working with him and wrestling him. In and out of the ring he was a tremendous professional and I have a lot of respect for him.”

Tazz: "I’m really saddened about this. I had the opportunity to wrestle Bam Bam several times in ECW, and I learned a lot from being in the ring with him. He was one of the toughest S.O.B.’s you could ever, ever, face in that ring. This is horrible news. He was too young to go."

Paul Heyman: "Scott Bigelow got a lot more out of life than he ever imagined possible. Bam Bam had a level of raw, unrefined talent that no one had ever seen before. He broke the mold. He clearly broke the mold. When else could a guy that size do picture perfect drop kicks and do moves off the top rope? BB settled down in his career to just do the splash from the top. But, there was nothing he couldn’t do if he wanted to. He was a like a prodigy in that if he watched someone do something in the ring, he could emulate it in the ring instantly.”

Once again on behalf of everyone here at WrestleView.com we would like to offer our condolenscens to the family, friends and fans of Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow during this sad sad time.

Jerry Saggs of the Nasty Boys:
"Bam Bam needs to be remembered in a positive light for all the contributions he had to this business. He was a good friend to me, and everyone."

Tommy Dreamer:
“It’s a definite loss to the wrestling business and the world. I knew Bam Bam very well; I had many great matches with him, and I loved watching his matches with Rob Van Dam. Bam Bam was a major star that really helped put ECW on the map. He’ll be missed.”

Ted Dibiase:
“He was a joy to work with in those years that I managed him. I was in his corner when he had the match against LT, and he was all business then. He was a real likeable guy and he was all into his family. In my dealing, he was a good guy and a businessman and a pleasure to work with.”

Mean Gene:
“I’m very, very, sorry to hear that. About the only thing I can say is it’s a real shocker to me. Here was a guy that in my opinion enjoyed life to the Nth degree. He was a great fisherman, I don’t think a lot of people knew that. He really enjoyed fishing. I went fishing with him before out on the Atlantic Ocean, and he was the best. Im going to miss the guy, not only from his wrestling exploits, but also because this guy was a human being. He was one of us, and he liked to get out and enjoy life, and he did enjoy life. I’m just very sorry to hear he’s passed on.”
Howard Finkel:
“He was a big man who could move, which was an amazing feat. He was unique in his style and appearance, and never left the ring without leaving everything he had out there. He was a very talented performer and will be missed.”

Jimmy Hart:
“I was actually on a radio show this morning, and when I got off the show I found out about Bam Bam. This is such a terrible, terrible loss for the wrestling world. Bam Bam was so unique and so different, and what a heck of a worker, just tremendous. Wow, this is just a total shock.”

Jake Roberts:
"He was a funny guy, a great guy to be around. He was a man. He was one of the best big men we ever had in this business. All I can say is that I wish the best for his family."

Joey Styles:
“As a wrestling fan, the visual of Tazz and Bam Bam Bigelow crashing through the ring in Bam Bam Bigelow’s home town of Asbury Park, New Jersey, is forever burned into my mind. Bam Bam Bigelow was a great performer and more importantly he was a father. He will be missed by everybody who knew him.”

Gregory Helms:
“I can’t recall ever wrestling him in WCW, but I can say that he was always in good spirits in the locker room. He seemed like a happy-go-lucky guy. He was one of the few guys that you never heard anyone say a bad thing about which is rare, because everybody has bad days in this business.”

Steve "Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi:
"I actually traveled with Bam Bam for many years. He’s always been a good guy and a true professional. I wrestled him several times as well. I have nothing bad to say about Bam Bam. He was a great person."

What a shame :frown: Bigelow was one of the best big men workers in the wrestling industry and the things he could for a man of his size was quite amazing. He had been abusing drugs for the past few years so I can only imagine that's contributed to his death, as with so many wrestlers. Another one dies young...
I hope Triple H recovers soon. He's a legend.
Does anyone know who Christian Cage's 'consultant' is?
Reply 386
I haven't watched WWE for over a year and I am watching it now, so a quick question, why is Kane on Smackdown?
Reply 387
Because he was beaten in a 'Loser leaves Raw' match by Umaga, who he was feuding with.
Reply 388
In my honest opinion, why did John Cena break Umaga undefeated streak when Kane is a better and stronger wrestler than John Cena.

Btw i prefer the masked kane, he looked more crazy and mad!
singh1987
In my honest opinion, why did John Cena break Umaga undefeated streak when Kane is a better and stronger wrestler than John Cena.

Why wasn't the Big Show champion through his whole career when he's bigger and stronger than everyone?

Try and find some old videos of kane (and the undertaker) chair shots etc wouldn't affect them at all.. I remember seeing nearly 20 men beating the ****e out of the Undertaker in his casket match with Yokozuna and he held them off for ages. Now all it would take is 2 men.

Wrestling has never been consistent ..
Reply 390
Undertaker has won the Royal Rumble!!! Is he going to Raw, Smackdown or ECW?
Reply 391
singh1987
Undertaker has won the Royal Rumble!!! Is he going to Raw, Smackdown or ECW?

:party:

I wasn't expecting him to win.
Reply 392
kirstinx
:party:

I wasn't expecting him to win.

He won though which is really good. and he is garaunteed to win now as he has a undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. i expect him to go to Raw and challenge John Cena, who is overrated now in my opinion.
Just read today--he's going to face Cena at Mania for the WWE Championship and HBK is going to face Batista for the World Title, both interbrand 'face vs face' matches interestingly.I'm pretty happy about these plans, they are fresh and new ideas and the switch means better matches, Undertaker/Batista would have been quite poor.
One thing though--the original plan (assuming reports were correct) was to have Undertaker lose to Batista, ending his winning streak and there was a hint of retirement too.However, now plans have changed it will be interesting to see if he loses to Cena.I personally doubt he will lose and he should not agree to if that's the plan.He hasn't held any title in nearly five years and it would be very cool to see him on Raw as champion.Of course, that may just be down to the fact that Cena has held the belt too long...we need a change.
Wrestlemania's undercard is still intriguing to consider-- I assume Orton vs Edge, perhaps Mickie vs Melina but what else?
Reply 394
I could see kennedy in a main event to be honest. but yeah, we need a new champ,im bored of that belt too that john cena wears. its soo ugly. i want the original belt back!
Reply 395
singh1987
He won though which is really good. and he is garaunteed to win now as he has a undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. i expect him to go to Raw and challenge John Cena, who is overrated now in my opinion.

Yea, I am glad he won and I too think he will go to Raw. John Cena has always been overrated watching him wrestle is painful.:redface:
Reply 396
deipnosophy
Just read today--he's going to face Cena at Mania for the WWE Championship and HBK is going to face Batista for the World Title, both interbrand 'face vs face' matches interestingly.I'm pretty happy about these plans, they are fresh and new ideas and the switch means better matches, Undertaker/Batista would have been quite poor.
One thing though--the original plan (assuming reports were correct) was to have Undertaker lose to Batista, ending his winning streak and there was a hint of retirement too.However, now plans have changed it will be interesting to see if he loses to Cena.I personally doubt he will lose and he should not agree to if that's the plan.He hasn't held any title in nearly five years and it would be very cool to see him on Raw as champion.Of course, that may just be down to the fact that Cena has held the belt too long...we need a change.
Wrestlemania's undercard is still intriguing to consider-- I assume Orton vs Edge, perhaps Mickie vs Melina but what else?

If Undertaker was to retire I would hope that he would retire after winning at WM rather than loosing and go out on top after17 years.
Looks like RVD has handed in his notice and is perhaps off to TNA. As much as I will hate to see one of the finest, and most underrated and under-utilised talents of this generation leave the WWE, if going to TNA helps him fulfil his potential, that's fine by me.
Reply 398
Greyhound02
Looks like RVD has handed in his notice and is perhaps off to TNA. As much as I will hate to see one of the finest, and most underrated and under-utilised talents of this generation leave the WWE, if going to TNA helps him fulfil his potential, that's fine by me.

When I think of RVD, I think back to the shoot interview he did at One Night Stand 2005, where he had a little rant about how ever since he'd been in WWE, his mic work had gone right down the toilet because the WWE creative department just gave him scripts where he'd be saying little more than "Cool"...sums up quite a few of WWE's talent, unfortunately, but with RVD being so big in ECW he's certainly one that a lot of people noticed got screwed by WWE.

Hey, at least when (if) he joins TNA, you know he'll be used properly :smile: RVD vs AJ Styles, RVD vs Christopher Daniels...hell, RVD vs Samoa Joe....now THERE'S a pay-per-view main event if ever I saw one :biggrin:
Reply 399
It be a bad move for RVD to go to TNA.

Latest