The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't watched Smackdown in months. I always preferred Raw
Reply 3981
Well I can't watch any of them. No subscription to SKY no more.

Remember the days of WWF Heat on Ch4 on Sunday around 4pm.

I was about 10. I will never understand how my (conservative) parents let me watch The Godfather along with his ho's. :biggrin:

But then again, we were watching Sunset Beach which had some very far-fetched storylines looking back. :redface:

I miss those times.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hamesh

I was about 10. I will never understand how my (conservative) parents let me watch The Godfather along with his ho's. :biggrin:

But then again, we were watching Sunset Beach which had some very far-fetched storylines looking back. :redface:

I miss those times.

The reason youtube was invented :wink:
Original post by Hamesh

I miss those times.

I think you might be able to watch it online.

I miss the ho train as well :frown:
Reply 3984
Original post by mjtriggs
The reason youtube was invented :wink:

The current WWE doesn't really excite me tbh. :colondollar:

Original post by Lewroll
I think you might be able to watch it online.

I miss the ho train as well :frown:

I only wanted just one ride, dammit. :hubba:
After watching Monday Night Raw it looks like they're building up for 18-1.
Not really looking forward to this years Wrestlemania, they havn't built up any of the main event fueds as they did last year.
Anyone else think that that was the worse episode of Smackdown ever recorded?

Two matches in the whole thing. Two. Kofi Kingston vs Barrett ended in the predictable fashion, and Rhodes vs Masters was just a poor match - although I do like Masters (imo, he deserves a push).

I only watched the first half hour where they showed mysterio vs angle vs orton from Wmania 22. I think it's because all the superstars are in Atalanta preparing for Access, HOF and of course Wmania (you know like going through their entrances and planning the finishes etc..)
Original post by Charzhino
Not really looking forward to this years Wrestlemania, they havn't built up any of the main event fueds as they did last year.

I think they've realised... which is why they spent all of smackdown replaying videos shown on Raw for weeks.
Reply 3989
I imagine it'll be soon, I was quite impressed by him - although I preferred the guy from Cleveland who finished 3rd (Dereck Bateman?). R-Truth and him have a Tag Title Shot don't they?

Yes they do thank God. I think R Truth is a great wrestler but i dnt think WWE are using him to his full potential. Sort of like Kofi Kingston, hes been on a losing streak since facing Alberto del Rio, and last night he finally won but it was by DQ. I think he has the potential to be a wwe or world heavyweight champion. BTW watch the match of cm punk and orton, i hav a feeling skip sheffield will be making a return
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
WWE is not the same these days. Im guessing that most of the fans on here are new age fans i.e. post 2002 era, was fan from early 90s i.e hogan, macho man, warrior, bret hart, etc, it peaked at the attitude are i.e stone cold!! but why why why has it gon so dam sh1t!!! anyway i prefer watchin TNA these days, (although since the ROCK is back im watchin WWE too which in fact the ONLY reason). phew...that's all i had to say really

You serious? I've been watching wwe for as long as I can remember. I think I started watching wcw when I was 2 :biggrin:

Everyone knows the attitude era was the best and although the past few years it went a bit downhill, I think its been picking up recently. There is some really good talent coming through. Just because its not as good as it was doesn't mean it is ****.
Original post by d-mac20
Yes they do thank God. I think R Truth is a great wrestler but i dnt think WWE are using him to his full potential. Sort of like Kofi Kingston, hes been on a losing streak since facing Alberto del Rio, and last night he finally won but it was by DQ. I think he has the potential to be a wwe or world heavyweight champion. BTW watch the match of cm punk and orton, i hav a feeling skip sheffield will be making a return

Nah, I'm gonna have to disagree about R-Truth. I think he's a mid-card wrestler at best, and I don't think he can compete for the top spots with the likes of Edge, Del Rio, Cena or HHH.
Original post by FinalFlash
After watching Monday Night Raw it looks like they're building up for 18-1.

I don't think that, that will happen. Depending on injuries I think the streak will make it 20-0 next year against Cena and then Taker will retire.

The grandaddy of them all :biggrin:
I'm only really looking forward to the Taker match and Miz v Cena.
They won't make Taker lose the streak. Besides I don't think Triple H is a worthy enough opponent to take the streak. Had they managed to sign Sting then perhaps he might have done it.

This doesn't look like a particularly exciting WM. WWE could have sent the PPV ratings through the roof if they had commited Cena and Rock to a match as that looks just about the only way this fued is going to come to a head.

And you know the buzz machine is breaking down if every WM is simply about the Taker maintaining his streak. If anything that match should be the main event.

This was always going to be the problem with having more than one world title. There really is no big main event to look forward to except the Taker match.
Original post by RHCPfan
I don't think that, that will happen. Depending on injuries I think the streak will make it 20-0 next year against Cena and then Taker will retire.

That was imo the best Wrestlemania.

Shane Mcmahon matches are always crazy. I remember his feud with Kane.
Original post by Warrior King
They won't make Taker lose the streak. Besides I don't think Triple H is a worthy enough opponent to take the streak. Had they managed to sign Sting then perhaps he might have done it.

This doesn't look like a particularly exciting WM. WWE could have sent the PPV ratings through the roof if they had commited Cena and Rock to a match as that looks just about the only way this fued is going to come to a head.

And you know the buzz machine is breaking down if every WM is simply about the Taker maintaining his streak. If anything that match should be the main event.

This was always going to be the problem with having more than one world title. There really is no big main event to look forward to except the Taker match.

I would argue they have managed to get the buzz machine going by keeping the Rock Cena match from happening yet having them constantly go at each other, capped off with the ending on Raw. This feud has let Miz get into an actual main event(instead of the usual "4th from the main event" crap they put on before) without affecting the stability of fan interest in the matches where in previous years they would have had to choose between keeping people till the end(like last year) or destroying the feel of an otherwise good match because the big match already happened(like the year before last).
Original post by Lewroll
You serious? I've been watching wwe for as long as I can remember. I think I started watching wcw when I was 2 :biggrin:

Everyone knows the attitude era was the best and although the past few years it went a bit downhill, I think its been picking up recently. There is some really good talent coming through. Just because its not as good as it was doesn't mean it is ****.

I agree with you totally :biggrin:..my earliest memories of Wrestling were WWF of 1996 I think, with Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels then my peak interest was during the attitude era :biggrin:..since then its safe to say its been downhill - I stopped watching from around 2004-2007 or so - or watched it casually then restarted and was tired of the product. This last year has been the greatest year for Wrestling for a long time in my estimation. We've seen and continue to see the influx of new talent squaring off against some of the old. Im truly excited to see the main event levels that can be reached by DelRio, Miz, Mcintyre, Morrison, Wade Barett, E.Jackson etc..

Like you said its not as good as the attitude days, it never will be! But it sure as hell is entertaining - its caught my interest again anyways!

Apparently, although subject to change this is the match card in order:

* United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

* Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

* Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

* Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

* John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

* WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

Also apparantly they worked a Kozlov injury angle at WWE fan access so kofi kingston maybe announced as his replacement before the match. Also I wouldnt be surprised to see Evan bourne be thrown into the mix with the opening match.
Reply 3998
Original post by RHCPfan

I ****ing loved that Wrestlemania :coma:

That TLC match was craaaaaazy. Also, do they do hardcore matches anymore?
Original post by Deshi
I ****ing loved that Wrestlemania :coma:

That TLC match was craaaaaazy. Also, do they do hardcore matches anymore?

technically no, a no DQ match is probably the closest thing to one, i think they took it out due to the PG bull****. Chair shots look really fake now as they cant hit it with that much force anymore, although they only ever seemed real when Lesnar had a chair in his hand

Latest