The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by nonotrly
Hahaha dumbest guy on earth.

:rofl:.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRWJcJoPUXk

Kinda like where they're going with the undertaker-hhh-hbk angle, seems interesting.
Original post by Mr Incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRWJcJoPUXk

Kinda like where they're going with the undertaker-hhh-hbk angle, seems interesting.

What is the undertaker retiring?
Reply 5763
Original post by shuaib786
What is the undertaker retiring?
Nah, they just want us to think that HHH will win.
There've been the complaints and comments made in shows by Punk and others in interviews, where Rock's been criticised for getting a main event spot having been away for seven years.

I was just watching Cody Rhodes bash Big Show on RAW, mocking the latter's defeat at a previous WM.

So, let me get this straight: Some sections of the WWE locker-room are angry against The Rock - a guy who wrestled for 7 years or so, did the same things they are doing now - for getting a main event spot YET they didn't bat an eye-lid, or moan or complain (be it publicly or privately) when a PROFESSIONAL BOXER (Floyd Mayweather) came into a WM show (not in the main event but it was heavily promoted) and beat the Big Show and reportedly got $1m for his part?! So they beat on a guy whose actually done what they've done (Rock) rather than a guy who probably has ZERO passion for the business?

I don't get the thinking tbh by those who are anti-Rock in the dressing room tbh.

Another food of thought for them: If you're Vinny Mac, and you get the WM28 main event options of John Cena vs. someone in the WWE upper or mainevent card wrestler OR John Cena vs. The Rock. What do you choose?
Reply 5765

Apt.

*Gravelly voice* IT'S NOT YOUR SPOT, IT'S VINCE MCMAHON'S SPOT, and he's gonna put in that spot whoever will be doing the best for the company.

Original post by Aky786UK
Another food of thought for them: If you're Vinny Mac, and you get the WM28 main event options of John Cena vs. someone in the WWE upper or mainevent card wrestler OR John Cena vs. The Rock. What do you choose?

The answer should be the former, for each wrestler who was overlook for that spot it's either case of is it them or is it the bookers? It's at least the bookers, but sometimes it's them as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
There've been the complaints and comments made in shows by Punk and others in interviews, where Rock's been criticised for getting a main event spot having been away for seven years.

I was just watching Cody Rhodes bash Big Show on RAW, mocking the latter's defeat at a previous WM.

So, let me get this straight: Some sections of the WWE locker-room are angry against The Rock - a guy who wrestled for 7 years or so, did the same things they are doing now - for getting a main event spot YET they didn't bat an eye-lid, or moan or complain (be it publicly or privately) when a PROFESSIONAL BOXER (Floyd Mayweather) came into a WM show (not in the main event but it was heavily promoted) and beat the Big Show and reportedly got $1m for his part?! So they beat on a guy whose actually done what they've done (Rock) rather than a guy who probably has ZERO passion for the business?

I don't get the thinking tbh by those who are anti-Rock in the dressing room tbh.

Totally agreed with you mate. I think its mostly guys like Cena, Punk, Borton who bash the rock. Everyone else has a great deal of respect for him and they know he bring a lot of attention for the WWE.

They should understand that for business purposes he is needed more than anything because the Rock can out draw every wrestler and overall brings in alot more hype and attention.

Guy who talk crap like Punk are just hypocrites - it was ok when he made fun of Jeff Hardys real issues and when Y2j does it its a step to far.
Actually, one of the reasons the Alliance angle was such a failure when it was practically made of gold was for similar reasons to the fact The Rock is getting a bad reception for "stealing a spot". Many of the wrestlers got pissed off thinking that WCW stars were going to stroll in and take the main event spots. Yes, that would've happened with some of them, but WWE have long had a payment system where the wrestlers are paid on a weighted average of the gross of the shows they appeared on, their position on the card, and an estimate of how many paid specifically to see them. Even though they may have had slightly less work, their pay would have actually increased considerably if say, the main event of Survivor Series 2001 featured Sting, Ric Flair, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash rather than Shane McMahon and The Big Show.

That said, I believe very little about what is coming out about the feud between John Cena and The Rock, the WWE (particular Jim Ross on Twitter) seem desperate for us to think they legitimately hate each other, and I'm not so sure. I don't even believe the "car crash" is real. The way WWE have been bringing the story up ad nauseum makes me wonder that it's just a desperate attempt to gain Cena some sympathy cheers going into WrestleMania because he's lagging so far behind The Rock in terms of fan support.
Original post by Introvert2020
Actually, one of the reasons the Alliance angle was such a failure when it was practically made of gold was for similar reasons to the fact The Rock is getting a bad reception for "stealing a spot". Many of the wrestlers got pissed off thinking that WCW stars were going to stroll in and take the main event spots. Yes, that would've happened with some of them, but WWE have long had a payment system where the wrestlers are paid on a weighted average of the gross of the shows they appeared on, their position on the card, and an estimate of how many paid specifically to see them. Even though they may have had slightly less work, their pay would have actually increased considerably if say, the main event of Survivor Series 2001 featured Sting, Ric Flair, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash rather than Shane McMahon and The Big Show.

That said, I believe very little about what is coming out about the feud between John Cena and The Rock, the WWE (particular Jim Ross on Twitter) seem desperate for us to think they legitimately hate each other, and I'm not so sure. I don't even believe the "car crash" is real. The way WWE have been bringing the story up ad nauseum makes me wonder that it's just a desperate attempt to gain Cena some sympathy cheers going into WrestleMania because he's lagging so far behind The Rock in terms of fan support.

I thought the reason why the Alliance angle failed was because when Vince bought WCW, that he wasn't able to purchase the contracts that Sting, Goldberg and a few other big names were on, because they were on seperate contracts. But yeah, the Alliance angle would have been something major had the big names been on there.

In regards to legit Rock/Cena heat, I think there probably is abit of legit heat. As of 2009, the feud between them had been resolved and re-ignited with this Mania match. But with Cena breaking kayfabe to point out Rock's script on his hand and Rock's Cena's Mom jokes, probably is abit of bad blood but nothing that won't be resolved post Mania
I thought the reason why the Alliance angle failed was because when Vince bought WCW, that he wasn't able to purchase the contracts that Sting, Goldberg and a few other big names were on, because they were on seperate contracts. But yeah, the Alliance angle would have been something major had the big names been on there.

In regards to legit Rock/Cena heat, I think there probably is abit of legit heat. As of 2009, the feud between them had been resolved and re-ignited with this Mania match. But with Cena breaking kayfabe to point out Rock's script on his hand and Rock's Cena's Mom jokes, probably is abit of bad blood but nothing that won't be resolved post Mania

That was the WWE's line, but according to the book The Death Of WCW (which is very good, by the way), Time-Warner practically begged WWE to take Sting, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, etc. off their hands following the buyout but WWE said it was "too expensive" to buy the contracts out. The book makes the point that the money needed to buy the contracts out was minimal compared to how much the Invasion angle could've produced were it booked to it's potential, and also says that, regarding Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair and Scott Hall, they purchased the contracts anyway, albeit after the Invasion angle was concluded. Their reasoning is because they nearly had a mutiny on their hands backstage! Crazy, really.
Reply 5770
with Cena breaking kayfabe to point out Rock's script on his hand and Rock's Cena's Mom jokes, probably is abit of bad blood

Who says that was breaking script and being legit?

Double bluffing kayfabe and giving false info the news sites started long before CM Punk started breaking the fourth wall.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5771

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrp2UF6RfE

I loved Jericho's reaction here. Absolutely priceless.
Reply 5772
Original post by Feem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrp2UF6RfE

I loved Jericho's reaction here. Absolutely priceless.

Did that top comment just say they're opening WrestleMania?...
Reply 5773
Original post by nonotrly
Did that top comment just say they're opening WrestleMania?...
It did, but who knows.

I would've thought the 12 man tag match if anything.
Reply 5774
Original post by Feem
It did, but who knows.

I would've thought the 12 man tag match if anything.

Well didn't Edge and Del Rio open Wrestlemania last year? That was a bit of a joke considering that Del Rio won the Royal Rumble, so should've had a main-event spot. But it was maybe cause of Edge's injury.

I would've thought if they were going to open with a world championship match it would've been Bryan vs Sheamus. Jericho vs Punk certainly deserves to be one of the last matches.
Reply 5775
Original post by VQG
Well didn't Edge and Del Rio open Wrestlemania last year? That was a bit of a joke considering that Del Rio won the Royal Rumble, so should've had a main-event spot. But it was maybe cause of Edge's injury.

I would've thought if they were going to open with a world championship match it would've been Bryan vs Sheamus. Jericho vs Punk certainly deserves to be one of the last matches.
Good point.

Speaking of that, I truly truly truly hope Sheamus wins. I am sick to DEATH of the same Daniel Bryan over and over and over. "YES! YES! YES!"

He's not even funny or entertaining, just unbearably irritating.
Reply 5776
Original post by Feem
Good point.

Speaking of that, I truly truly truly hope Sheamus wins. I am sick to DEATH of the same Daniel Bryan over and over and over. "YES! YES! YES!"

He's not even funny or entertaining, just unbearably irritating.

I'm assuming it wasn't your intention, but you just paid Daniel Bryan a massive compliment.
Out of interest, whose ordering the show?

I most definitely am. Booked Monday off from work, so will be a late-nighter. If I'm honest, Rock vs. Cena is the only reason I'm ordering as a massive fan of the Great One but the card is decent. If they give time to the matches then it could be a really good WM.
Final Raw before WM but not expecting anything dramatic I think the time for all that is passed now. I think it should be a good show all things considered.

Already rumours flying around about WM 29. Rock has already signed to fight at WM 29 as shown by his appearance at the press conference at the Met Life Stadium a few weeks back. Rumours are suggesting that the WM 29 main event will involve the Rock and one of Austin, Brock Lesnar or the Undertaker and that announcement may be made as soon as the Raw following WM 28.

If I were to make my predictions it would be as follows:

1) Rock v Austin - Unlikely. Due mainly to the fact that Austin cut his career short some time ago due to neck injury which at the time scuppered a potential match with Hulk Hogan and many close to Austin including good ol' JR have been quick to dismiss any suuggestion he'd wrestle again and if he did it'd be at a significant risk to his permanent health so I don't this is going to happen.

2) Rock v Brock Lesnar - Maybe but most unlikely. You're all probably aware by now Brock Lesnar has quit MMA and I think a contract to re-sign to WWE has been agreed behind closed doors so at some point they will promote his comeback. Is he worth the top billing with the Rock and worth WWE hyping it up for a year in advance? I don't think so. I do see him coming back and having a meaningful rivalry with a big name quite possibly CM Punk or even John Cena.

3) Rock v Undertaker - Most likely out of the three. Why? Rock's beaten everyone there is to beat at WM including Austin and Hogan and if this is headed the way I think it is then come April 1st he can add Cena to that list. I can see the Rock coming out on Raw and ranting about how he's done it all in wrestling and beaten all the biggest stars but how that there's one thing left: he wants to be the man to end the streak. Cue Undertaker making an entrance (or of course Rocky could brag about being the best of all time and how he can leave with his head held high only to be interrupted by Undertaker who will remind Rock that he is still unbeaten at WM and that if he truly wanted greatness then he should try and end the streak).

Either that or a possible Cena rematch or maybe a fight with CM Punk? Also I'm sure WWE will chase Sting again as his contract with TNA is up soon so that may well be on the cards for the Undertaker.
Reply 5779
A rematch with Cena would be just horrible. I don't even have high hopes for the match in a week. Sure it'll be great, but I think people would be going nuts more for The Rock's in-ring return and him hitting Cena than for the general spectacle of Rock vs. Cena. I wouldn't compare it to Rock vs. Hogan, Hogan vs Warrior or Taker vs. HBK, who all knew how to work a crowd to its fullest and all had bookers who knew how to book.

It would be weird just booking another match in advance. There's no-one who has any 'beef' with Rock beforehand to book a WrestleMania match, unless it was Vince McMahon himself.

Or...

Mick Foley maybe, but Mick's fat now, even by Mick Foley standards. I would be far more excited by that kind of match though. But then I was hoping for Foley vs. Taker this year, but Foley doesn't even want to be in the ring.

BTW, Taker/HHH/HBK better be an old school HIAC match. Imagine the spectacle of them all on the roof of the cage, and HBK superkicks Taker off the cell. And Taker still wins.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest