The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well he certainly seems to be going in that direction, though he hasn't said or done anything to make him a full heel so to speak. I don't really agree with turning him, I'd rather Edge was only main event heel on Smackdown, with two main event faces in Taker and Dave. I have enjoyed the feud so far, though the Flair thing is a bit hollow really. I hope they give us a good match at Backlash and continue the feud. Would be good to see some stipulation matches down the line.

Thought maybe Cena was gonna be kept off Raw for a while to finish filming but no. Fatal four way is ok, but I really hope they do a title switch. That meaning HHH or JBL winning it, not Cena of course.
Reply 1581
Maybe dave is going to raw.
Well I suspect that, but there's been nothing about the draft. You think they would at least announce it if it is gonna happen at 3-hour Raw.
Reply 1583
Maybe HBK will go to Smackdown (yeah right).

I want JBL to win :ninja:
Jbl was a really bad champion imo
SO stale, boring, similar to randy orton, and he had the bet for far too long, same with cena- maybe it was just because he had no real competetors for the belt at that time
However, he's not even a reat "powerhouse" like taker and to some exten batista.
i would like a cham, whether heel or not, to win a match without cheating, just once please
Reply 1585
gunners r us
Jbl was a really bad champion imo
SO stale, boring, similar to randy orton, and he had the bet for far too long, same with cena- maybe it was just because he had no real competetors for the belt at that time
However, he's not even a reat "powerhouse" like taker and to some exten batista.
i would like a cham, whether heel or not, to win a match without cheating, just once please

Tbh, I wasn't really watching wrestling around the time he was champ, so can't comment on his whole title reign, but he is a good heel imo. I'd rather see him or maybe even Orton win as opposed to Cena or HHH. HHH may seem a bit extreme, but I just don't wanna see him as champ...But, why does the champ need to be a powerhouse?
TBH i enjoyed JBL's commentating a lot. And it stands to reason that this would have increased his mic skills. This imho was evident in raw where he spoke well. JBL for champ (though not a 29 year reign)
Yeah JBL was a class commentator, but god I hjate coach! Though he seems to be changing his commentating style recently...

As for Orton, I Really like him as champ and as a wrestler, just proves that you dont have to weight over 250lbs to have gold round your waist, and I feel his wrestling ability is top notch!

Maybe his gimmick could be improved, but I still prefer him as champ than any of the other contenders....maybe Jericho but hes not been pushed enough to be considered a contender.
Reply 1588
COACH IS WORSE THAN MICHAEL COLE. He starts off talking then gets lost, doesn't know what to say, then just stops....it all goes quiet. And, you know its bad when Cole is taking the piss out of you, Coach needs to leave!

Although Michael cole was bad, he's improved a LOT, he's actually quite funny..obviously he still rides enormous cock of the face wrestlers, but thats his job innit, like JR.
YEa thats his Job, and coach and Lawler are supposed to be the colour commentators and normally side with the heels, but Lawler's a face!
Reply 1590
King is probably bored, it's not like the heels are so amazing that he can side with them, I mean..Orton, probably a good heel but nothing for King to feed off cos he's boring.

Remember when Rock was a heel? both in the attitude era/hollywood...King LOVED it, I think Rock was the only wrestler to make the guy genuinely laugh.
boooooooooooo. i was supposed to be going to RAW but my college screwed up its term dates and now I'm not allowed to go :bawling:
Unlucky Squishy.

Just a few points on posts above: JBL's title reign was too long and got very boring (and unsuccessful, some of the PPV buyrates with him headlining were horrible) and had few good matches, however most of his promos were v good and he draws incredible heat from the crowd wherever he goes, house shows in particular with smaller venues. His commentary was excellent, I loved hearing him and Coach is, to be fair, pathetic in comparison. Michael Cole's alright, honestly there isn't anyone I would replace him with. Loved when he clearly said 'a seaside battle' last week, Coach laughed and called him on it, then Cole was all like 'I said see-saw, moron.' Sky+ says different, Michael.
I liked when King was a heel and wound up JR but he's older now and as the years have gone by he's got progressively more deferent to the faces.
As far as I know, Orton is billed as being over 250lbs. Lol. He's a very good wrestler but I feel they should have went with a switch at Mania. I hope JBL wins at Backlash, but I think Orton will win tbh.
Reply 1593
How long did JBL's reign last? I didn't really follow it much at the time.

His commentary is excellent, as is his ability to rouse and rile the crowd. Few other wrestlers can really get to the crowd like that (heels, that is). Of the four in contetion, I'd prefer HHH to regain the title, but I don't see that happening.

Orton's a good wrestler, but I think it's time he relinquished the title for a while- don't want to burn out his appeal too quick! He's still going to win the belt a lot more times anyway. I don't think he will lose the title, though.

In truth I'm not really overly happy with any of the title contenders. I'd prefer Jericho/Umaga/Batista or, to a lesser extent, MVP pushed to the front line.

If only Jeff Hardy hadn't been such an idiot :frown: Who knows where he would be now? Or if only the E gave him the title before- he truly deserved it IMO.
Reply 1594
Laevis
How long did JBL's reign last? I didn't really follow it much at the time.

His commentary is excellent, as is his ability to rouse and rile the crowd. Few other wrestlers can really get to the crowd like that (heels, that is). Of the four in contetion, I'd prefer HHH to regain the title, but I don't see that happening.

Orton's a good wrestler, but I think it's time he relinquished the title for a while- don't want to burn out his appeal too quick! He's still going to win the belt a lot more times anyway. I don't think he will lose the title, though.

In truth I'm not really overly happy with any of the title contenders. I'd prefer Jericho/Umaga/Batista or
, to a lesser extent, MVP pushed to the front line.

If only Jeff Hardy hadn't been such an idiot :frown: Who knows where he would be now? Or if only the E gave him the title before- he truly deserved it IMO.

I agree about Y2J and Umanga, but I like this Batista-HBK feud thats starting.

I would have loved to have seen Hardy as champ, and I'm confident he was destines to win the MitB at WM, but in hindsight, it's good he didn't win in a way. The champ being caught up in drugs is not good for the E. But still:

Coked up Jeff Hardy >>>>>>>>>Cena
Lol I wouldn't go as far as saying a coked up Hardy is better than Cena, Hardy needs to conquer his demons once and for all, he's had many opportunities and needs to take one of them. Despite the fact I do not like Cena at all and the fact that he's clearly on steroids of some form, he's not been caught up in the scandals and has been a reliable player for WWE since being elevated. Hardy was elevated and disgraced himself and the faith upper management put in him.

I'm liking the HBK/Batista thing, but I feel it's being rushed a bit, I think they should have kept physicality until very end (I'm refering to what happened Tuesday on Smackdown) but it's a match I've wanted to see since they first feuded back in late 2003. JR seemed to suggest in his blog that the intention wasn't to turn Batista heel, if that's the case they need to watch, because he's fast becoming one. It was clear he was remaining a face throughout his feud with Taker, now it's not so clear.
Reply 1596
tbh..batista is blatently on roids but he hasnt been caught out.
I got rejected by Durham, so my mate suggested I take a sign to RAW saying "Durham are missing out.."

Others I've considered are:

"I catch fish on the docks with Ashley"
"Pesci for WrestleMania 25"
"Regal > Brown"
"Where's Jeff Hardy?"
"Push Charlie Haas"
Reply 1598
"WWW.THESTUDENTROOM.CO.UK" TBH bruv.
Reply 1599
TSRs WWE Soc!
Triple H Held My Sign Down!
John Cena can't wrestle! - I'd love to see that in the front row.
The Rocks Left Hand >>> Cena
Cena Sucks
Umanga
We want Jeff.
Crym Tyme Stole My Wallet!
TNA
*Pose*
Boring.....
Khali CAN Wrestle - (he can't really)

Most of them are crap, but that's all I could think of. WWE didn't let in any signs on the last Raw event in London, hopefully they will this time

Latest