The Student Room Group

Are bralet tops too slutty?

Scroll to see replies

In response to the OP, I think it depends entirely on what you wear the bralet top with that makes it (not)/slutty.

Many girls seem to wear it with skater skirts, skirts and even trousers at the moment.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by PINKFLEUR
In response to the OP, I think it depends entirely on what you wear the bralet top with that makes it (not)/slutty.

Many girls seem to wear it with skater skirts, skirts and even trousers at the moment.

Personally, I would have used those two images as a reason not to buy a bralet.
Original post by CJKay
Personally, I would have used those two images as a reason not to buy a bralet.

:rofl: either way, you won't be needing to make that decision any time soon.
Reply 43
Original post by PINKFLEUR

Thanks for the two pics.

So you see OP, if you want to look like any of the two classy ladies in this pic, go ahead and buy a bralet.
Reply 44
No.. go for it :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by scapepower
I'm a guy and i find it so strange how we men have less to show, yet we dress more modestly than women, who have a lot more to show.

Should be the other way around surely?

When i see women dressed modestly, my heart warms.

Like this:

I didn't click on the thread, BUT, I'm guessing you are the guy who has a frustrating crush on her :wink:
Reply 46
Original post by jojo1995
I didn't click on the thread, BUT, I'm guessing you are the guy who has a frustrating crush on her :wink:

Aye
Reply 47
I have a couple that I wear as underwear, they're pretty and comfortable. I wouldn't wear them as an outer piece of clothing though.
No bralet tops aren't slutty at all, think they go better with certain clothes more than others, a short skirt would be good to go with it, not too sure where to get them from but try high street shops such as topshop etc
Original post by Katie_p
I'm uncomfortable with people wearing revealing or slutty clothing because I see things I don't want to see. If I want to be turned on, I will go on Redtube. I don't want to see it walking down the street.<br />
I hate that summer is an excuse for people to walk around busy places wearing really revealing clothing because it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
<br />
But what's considered sexual is subjective. Above the ankle skirts were considered sexual(I think) at some point, are ankles really sexual? (female) Breasts are considered sexual to some, but really I can't think of anything less sexual considering it's use.

And I'm not sure about your turned on point? Maybe the people weren't dressing to arouse you...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that people shouldn't be labelled sluts, for what they
wear. It's silly. And a way of controlling people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pinksugar
why? Just as revealing as leggings or shorts or tight tops/dresses? why does wearing something that shows your arms become revealing (if you're wearing something high waisted and don't have your belly out that is)

(not trying to argue against your opinion, just curious)

well its ur choice if u wanna wear it....and dont wear it if u just want attention from everybody, if ur pupose is to wear it so guys give u attention then dont wear it
Reply 51
wear them with a midi skirt , they were designed to be worn that way if u ever look at fashion runways and designers who make the trendsbhjk.jpgbbnb.jpghjkjkl.jpg
Reply 52
Well I'm not the most fashionable person... But I would hate to see one of my friends get those.

My initial thoughts figments that you are trying to save money by picking something from the kids section.

If I was yr friend (thankfully I'm not) I would go out of my way to convince you to pick somethin else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by study beats
well its ur choice if u wanna wear it....and dont wear it if u just want attention from everybody, if ur pupose is to wear it so guys give u attention then dont wear it

I don't want to, I'm no wear near confident enough to wear something so small. I was just wondering what your reasons for your opinions were.
If you have the figure to wear bralets, then 'If you've got it, flaunt it'!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jojo1995

My dad met her:smile: hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Earlier i was walking down the street to the shop wearing a vest too with a pair if high waisted jeans, and I got too much unwanted attention from passing drivers, as much as I like bralets, it depends on your area, do you know everyone? Are is it a strange neighbourhood! I wouldn't wear one knowing your gonna get beeped at all day! I like them though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlondeChatters15
Hey, really want to buy some bralet tops for summer, but don't know where to look. I'm not sure if they're too slutty too :frown: help

GO FOR IT!

My logic is - if you are slim they will look good on you and not look slutty because they are not made for us um... more well endowed ladies, our busts don't fit into them :'( If you are a bigger lady with a flabby waistline, then you'd most probably feel too self conscious and wouldn't be asking :smile:

They look best with skirts imo and can actually look quite modest with a maxi skirt and even more so when you throw a jacket on top.
Original post by BlondeChatters15
Hey, really want to buy some bralet tops for summer, but don't know where to look. I'm not sure if they're too slutty too :frown: help

I think they're ****ing hhhawwwwwwttttttt!
Original post by xfirekittyx
GO FOR IT!

My logic is - if you are slim they will look good on you and not look slutty because they are not made for us um... more well endowed ladies, our busts don't fit into them :'( If you are a bigger lady with a flabby waistline, then you'd most probably feel too self conscious and wouldn't be asking :smile:

They look best with skirts imo and can actually look quite modest with a maxi skirt and even more so when you throw a jacket on top.

Quick Reply

Latest