The Student Room Group

I really regret not applying to the very top unis

...like ucl and lse.

I realised I was a very suitable candidate and I could've had a chance at these universities, despite how competitive they are. I have the right grades and everything, and of course these ARE such competitive universities but I really, really regret not applying to them.

currently in 1st year..
Reply 1
Sorry to hear that... what made you say that? Are you not happy with the quality of education or pool of students in your current uni?
Reply 2
Might as well crack on with it now and look at postgrads at these places.
Doesn't matter mate. I know people who graduated from top universities and are still on the dole years later
Reply 4
Original post by MAKER12
...like ucl and lse.

I realised I was a very suitable candidate and I could've had a chance at these universities, despite how competitive they are. I have the right grades and everything, and of course these ARE such competitive universities but I really, really regret not applying to them.

currently in 1st year..

Top unis for what subject though? The idea of a "top uni" is directly proportional to how expert and helpful they are in a specific subject.

Greg
Original post by MAKER12
...like ucl and lse.

currently in 1st year..

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you're regretting your application. Is there something that you feel like you may be missing at your current university that you feel you would get at UCL/ LSE?
Best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Hi there! This sounds like a really sticky situation to be in. My personal advice would be to have a think about why you regret not applying to a 'top uni'. If it's purely a case of worrying about future prospects after your degree, many non-russel group university graduates have gone on to do amazing things too. For example, the current prime minister of Serbia went to the University of Hull! Many graduate jobs/schemes care more about what you do with your degree rather than where you go so maybe looking at things like student internships, summer jobs or volunteering projects could be a really good idea to broaden your horizons a bit. I'd maybe also recommend maybe talking to your student adviser/the careers team at your uni as they will have really good resources and information about opportunities whilst you're a student.

This being said, if you genuinely hate your degree and want to go somewhere else, then it's not too late to transfer. I'd recommend (again) talking to your student adviser as they can support you better in this journey than I can - as well as doing some research online about other universities to see where you'd like to go. Maybe get in contact with their admissions teams too to see whether they'd accept your application/ how you should apply etc. Some unis want you to go again through UCAS, some may just want other documents etc sent via email so contacting them could be a good start.

Either way, good luck in however you choose to live your future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending