The Student Room Group

Who's going to Trinity Saint David Lampeter 2013?

Ok, show of hands, who is going to TSD Lampeter in September? Just thought it might be cool to have a little group of us who could meet up on the first day and check out the Freshers Fair /Student Bar/ Lampeter town together and whatnot!

I have firmed an unconditional for Archaeology and Anthropology - super exited! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Congratulations on the unconditional, I'm the current representative for the Archeology, History and Anthropology department so I guess I will see you soon! If you have any questions about the department or courses, feel free to ask me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I know I don't count as someone starting in September, but I thought I would introduce myself on this thread for any new students who do join in!

I'm Lili, and I am a current student at Lampeter, studying Philosophy.

I'm really happy to answer questions and I'm really looking forward to meeting new people when they arrive!

See you in September :smile:

Lili.
Hello there! I've been searching for some kind of way to meet people who are also hoping to go to Trinity, and here you are :biggrin: I've been offered a place on the Archaeology course, which I've put as my firm choice. Reeeaaaallllyyyyyy hoping to come to Lampeter!
Reply 4
Hi Lauren! It's lovely to meet you here. Lampeter was my firm choice when I applied as well, and I can imagine how you are feeling waiting for your results! If things don't go to plan, and you have not met your offer, try not to panic. Phone the university immediately. They take a lot of students through clearing, so it is likely that they will be perfectly happy to take you even if you have missed your offer.

Are there any particular places where you have been looking to meet people that I could go to and post on? It seems to be a lot easier to meet people in advance if you are going to a well-known university, and it would be good to make it just as easy for people who have applied to Lampeter.

I have compiled a document of useful bits of information for new students, particularly those who are expecting to be in halls of residence. I have compiled it myself, just off the top of my head, so it is perfectly possible that it is not completely accurate, and the university have no responsibility if it is incorrect because it's not their document! Anyway, it is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lretq5tZcZvePJivVyAKi6AYOu0uDbCIpDea1q1Slos/edit?pli=1

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Lili.
Reply 5
Original post by FilmNerd1989
Ok, show of hands, who is going to TSD Lampeter in September? Just thought it might be cool to have a little group of us who could meet up on the first day and check out the Freshers Fair /Student Bar/ Lampeter town together and whatnot!

I have firmed an unconditional for Archaeology and Anthropology - super exited! :biggrin:

Gonna be crashing in your kitchen at every available opportunity XD :giggle:

And heeey Lauren XD (Somehow I managed to miss your post on the other thread :O Sorry about that!)
Reply 6
Original post by KimoraMae
Gonna be crashing in your kitchen at every available opportunity XD :giggle:

And heeey Lauren XD (Somehow I managed to miss your post on the other thread :O Sorry about that!)

That's ok - it's your kitchen too, after all! Are you still ok with sharing my kitchen stuff? :redface:
Reply 7
:biggrin: I am if you are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by KimoraMae
:biggrin: I am if you are!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But of course, Grasshopper :3
Reply 9
Hi, I have a place on the Creative Writing and English course for September!!! Is anyone staying in Walker Hall accomodation?? Lampeter Campus??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi Lottie,

I don't know about people moving into Walker, but let me know if you have any questions about the university/course/life here etc. I am a current Lampeter student with several friends who do Creative Writing/English, so I can definitely find answers to questions if I can't just answer them myself :smile:

I hope you are looking forward to the beginning of term and not feeling too apprehensive. Don't hesitate to get in touch about anything.

Lili.
Reply 11
Original post by Lili Hicks
Hi Lottie,

I don't know about people moving into Walker, but let me know if you have any questions about the university/course/life here etc. I am a current Lampeter student with several friends who do Creative Writing/English, so I can definitely find answers to questions if I can't just answer them myself :smile:

I hope you are looking forward to the beginning of term and not feeling too apprehensive. Don't hesitate to get in touch about anything.

Lili.

Thank you!
Hi Lottie, there are a few people on the Lampeter campus Facebook page who've found others staying in Walker at this status: https://www.facebook.com/uwtsdlampeter/posts/405432676228302

Good luck with meeting more!
Reply 13
Original post by NatalieC92
Hi Lottie, there are a few people on the Lampeter campus Facebook page who've found others staying in Walker at this status: https://www.facebook.com/uwtsdlampeter/posts/405432676228302

Good luck with meeting more!

Thanks for the link :smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone know if or when we get a timetable for the first week?
Original post by Lottie94cj
Does anyone know if or when we get a timetable for the first week?

http://www.trinitysaintdavid.ac.uk/en/media/uniweb/content/documents/departments/registry/lampetercampus/BA%20Year%201%20Start%20of%20Year%20Arrangements.pdf

You'll get your lecture timetable on Monday 23rd :smile:
Hi people Really sorry to barge into your thread I see you are all attending lampeter , I cant seem to see the dates but il be hopefully going in 2020 , taking a liberal arts degree This looks like a place I can focus on the right topics I just wondered how you are all finding it I know the scenery is amazing and I have huskies so it's perfect for them What do you guys do for nightlife if any I'm all about good grades but I want to use this as a way to meet new people to Iv kinda locked myself away from the world for a while so I wang to get back out there Hopefully hear back and see how it sums up in your opinions Thanks Brian
Way out on the years ... how did you find it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending