The Student Room Group

who should i firm for ba graphic design

its between manchester metropolitan university and university of leeds and ik i dont need to decide right now but maybe if people tell me their thoughts ill make a choice 😩
What do you consider the pros and cons of each? Are these your only choices?
I'm in the same boat :frown: both unis are great, I think what concerns me about Leeds is the fact that it is very academically based and doesn't leave a lot of room for the actual practice of making graphics itself, however, it is ranked slightly higher than MMU and is cheaper to live in. Have u made up ur mind yet or still thinking?

Original post by basmatis
its between manchester metropolitan university and university of leeds and ik i dont need to decide right now but maybe if people tell me their thoughts ill make a choice 😩
Reply 3
Original post by oriogonala
I'm in the same boat :frown: both unis are great, I think what concerns me about Leeds is the fact that it is very academically based and doesn't leave a lot of room for the actual practice of making graphics itself, however, it is ranked slightly higher than MMU and is cheaper to live in. Have u made up ur mind yet or still thinking?

im living at home so accom isnt a deciding factor for me! ive not made a choice yet but my offer holder days are next week so i hope to decide by then 🙏 sorry for such a late reply lol i forgot abt this post
Original post by basmatis

Hi @basmatis

It can be really tricky to decide which university is going to be right for you! I have seen on your reply a few posts down you are attending some applicant visit days which are a great way of helping you decide which is going to be right for you as it gives you a glimpse into your life as a student! Hoepfully, this will help you make your decision.

You can find more about our BA(Hons) Graphic Design course here: https://www.art.mmu.ac.uk/graphicdesign/

We place importance on experimentation and generating creative surprise. We have a playful yet serious approach to media, materials and processes. We are intellectually and academically challenging. We have mutual respect for each other's disciplines and foster an art and design community within the school and the City. We are creative, unconventional and professional.

Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and RIBA award-winning Benzie Building has been designed with this at its core. It provides a unique community environment for our students to not only explore their own discipline but to watch, listen and learn from those working in other disciplines. In 2013, we made a £34m investment in our buildings and facilities, and we continue to invest in improving and upgrading existing facilities and equipment. We recognise the importance of offering both contemporary and digital equipment, alongside traditional methods and techniques. Our wide range of workshops enables our students to realise their most ambitious projects during their studies.

The School of Art is centrally located on the All Saints Campus, providing easy access to the University's facilities and only a short walk away from the centre of city. We enjoy close links with the city, its creative communities and cultural institutions and are connected to a wide range of external organisations such as industrial, commercial and professional bodies as well as arts associations and galleries.

Hopefully you will get to see our facilities on your applicant visit day!

Carly :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by oriogonala

which one did u go for:smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest