The Student Room Group

Statement of Earnings HMRC number, anyone?

I need to provide student finance with a statement of earnings for 2011-2012 from HMRC. Anyone had to do this before and know the number to call? Their website it a mess!
You will have to phone your HMRC centre, We can't tell you what that is. You will have to look on a tax coding.
Hey, I did this earlier today! It's really hard to find a number so I just phoned the 'self assessment line' that i found on Google and said "hi, I don't know if I'm in the right department, but..." And she did it for me :biggrin: also did it a few weeks ago, went through to random department and he did it for me too.
Reply 3
Original post by JennaEmBee
Hey, I did this earlier today! It's really hard to find a number so I just phoned the 'self assessment line' that i found on Google and said "hi, I don't know if I'm in the right department, but..." And she did it for me :biggrin: also did it a few weeks ago, went through to random department and he did it for me too.

it's what we decided to do too. the woman on the other end wasn't sure what we were on about so is going to send everything she can. still a bit worried though. i know the statement is what i need and don't know if what she'll send will be quite right. might try another number tomorrow and see if someone else can help.
Original post by ashleyandrew
it's what we decided to do too. the woman on the other end wasn't sure what we were on about so is going to send everything she can. still a bit worried though. i know the statement is what i need and don't know if what she'll send will be quite right. might try another number tomorrow and see if someone else can help.

Tha sounds weird :confused: it's quite a commonly requested thing. If you just say "hi, I need to provide my local authority with evidence of self supporting and I don't have p60s (for whatever reason), so Is it possible for you to send me a statement of earnings for the years bla bla" she should instantly know what you're on about. Then you give a few details and it's all upon their screen. It's just one piece of paper with a strip for each year showing your employer and a box which holds your total earning for the year.
Reply 5
Original post by JennaEmBee
Tha sounds weird :confused: it's quite a commonly requested thing. If you just say "hi, I need to provide my local authority with evidence of self supporting and I don't have p60s (for whatever reason), so Is it possible for you to send me a statement of earnings for the years bla bla" she should instantly know what you're on about. Then you give a few details and it's all upon their screen. It's just one piece of paper with a strip for each year showing your employer and a box which holds your total earning for the year.

I agree with Jenna, it's as common as asking for a stamp in a post office :tongue:
Reply 6
i'm going to ring again tomorrow but try the self assessment number instead. the woman also said it could take a couple of weeks but others have said it should only take a few days. why is student finance never simple? ugh.
Reply 7
0300 200 3300 - hmrc general tax info
Original post by balotelli12
You will have to phone your HMRC centre, We can't tell you what that is. You will have to look on a tax coding.

Statement of earnings doesn't have to come from the local tax office. Tax year 11/12 will all be finalised with the HMRC centrally, so they can send it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending