The Student Room Group

Proof of address for part-time job?

Hi, I'm new here.

So I'm currently looking at applying for part-time work in the Milton Keynes area, I've already got cover letters and CV's etc made, but worried I may have a problem.

Right now, I'm living full-time on a caravan park (not static but seasonal pitch), so I don't have proof of address for my caravan of course.
I do have a care of address here in the city which I've been given permission to use but it's a business address so unsuitable for D.V.L.A correspondence (provisional driving licence) although my bank account is registered to it with no problem so I have statements etc, but AFAIK you need 2 documents for proof of address?

I also have my friend's home address in Norwich (where I moved here from & licence is registered to) who is kind enough to let me use his address as c/o as well.

So my question is:

Should I submit my applications using the local c/o address in MK (with only bank statements) or use a c/o address 100+ miles away & re-register my bank as I would have 2 proof of address docs that way? (License + bank)

In case it helps:

I'm a British citizen but I don't have a passport, so I'm covering right to work requirements with birth certificate+N.I No.

Got my:
Provisional driving licence
Bank statements
Hi Raikou,

I think that it all depends on the employer. It would be good to explain them your situation and show them at least bank statement as a proof of address. For some it is sufficient. Some employers are stating all the documents they need but sometimes it is just for administrative and official purposes, and the reality is different. Another option would be registering with HMRC (which I think you already registered are), changing the address on their website and then print the letter proving your NIN (National Insurance number). This document usually serves as proof of address too.

You can also choose your friend's address even though he lives so far away but please keep in mind that usually you need to show the same address everywhere (Bank statement, provisional license, HMRC letter etc.).

Hopefully all goes well with you and you will solve the situation with ease.

Anything else you need, please let us know.

Good luck.

Lucie,
PhD student
Cranfield University
Reply 2
Hi.

Thanks.

I suppose I could re-register my NIN.

One thing that worried me a little bit was if having a c/o address so far away on my cover letter would put an employer off?
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending