The Student Room Group

International Relations question structure.

I am not looking for someone to actually answer the following question, but I just need some advice with the structure. It is the question for a piece of second year university coursework and is therefore quite important I structure my answer correctly. The answer has to be between 1500 and 2000 words long. The question is the following:

'To what degree has nuclear and conventional weaponary proliferation been a stabilising or destabilising influence on the international system?'

I am getting slightly confused as to what the question is actually asking of me, do I need to just say to what degree has the proliferation stabilised the IR system and to what degree it has destabilised the IR system, so do I have to focus on both of these key words?
OR, do I have to chose either stabalising or destabalising, focusing on just one of these key words?

I think I have confused myself quite a bit by stressing over the question far too much! Please advise me on the structure I should follow to answer such a question, would be much appreciated.
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
Original post by blah?
I am not looking for someone to actually answer the following question, but I just need some advice with the structure. It is the question for a piece of second year university coursework and is therefore quite important I structure my answer correctly. The answer has to be between 1500 and 2000 words long. The question is the following:

'To what degree has nuclear and conventional weaponary proliferation been a stabilising or destabilising influence on the international system?'

I am getting slightly confused as to what the question is actually asking of me, do I need to just say to what degree has the proliferation stabilised the IR system and to what degree it has destabilised the IR system, so do I have to focus on both of these key words?
OR, do I have to chose either stabalising or destabalising, focusing on just one of these key words?

I think I have confused myself quite a bit by stressing over the question far too much! Please advise me on the structure I should follow to answer such a question, would be much appreciated.

my advice would be (as a 2nd year IR student) to decide which argument you support- that its stabilised or destabilised it and focus mostly on that. do also include a counter argument but say why you disagree with it backing it up with evidence.

And out of curiosity, how comes you have coursework to do still?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending