The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 22nd May [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did you find your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 exam today?

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 22nd May/ AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA Sociology

Congratulations for finishing your exam :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

@evil homer
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hi everyone, hope revision is going well for you all, what has everyone predicted what the 30 marker is going to be on ? Looking at past papers I think its going to be about new right/neo-liberalism perspective on education or privatization of education ?
Original post by Annabel Carillo
Hi everyone, hope revision is going well for you all, what has everyone predicted what the 30 marker is going to be on ? Looking at past papers I think its going to be about new right/neo-liberalism perspective on education or privatization of education ?

Hey how's it going I'm thinking possibly class/ ethnicity in achievement as it hasn't come up in a while. Gender came up not long ago and Education policies was last year but it really could be anything. How are u feeling about the methods in context and theory & methods?
Yeah true, I wonder how they are going to word it since the class and ethnicity questions from a while ago covered the entire section, I think you're right one of my teachers said it may try use both in the 30 marker. methods in context and theory is horrible, it's definitely my weakest section, last mock I scored a whopping 6/20 on that question. What would you guys say your easiest paper is, I would say paper 2 since families and beliefs is relatively easy, plus I'm quite sure secularization will show up.
Yeah true, I wonder how they are going to word it since the class and ethnicity questions from a while ago covered the entire section, I think you're right one of my teachers said it may try use both in the 30 marker. methods in context and theory is horrible, it's definitely my weakest section, last mock I scored a whopping 6/20 on that question. What would you guys say your easiest paper is, I would say paper 2 since families and beliefs is relatively easy, plus I'm quite sure secularization will show up.

Im not sure on the easiest paper but i definitely struggle on paper 2 because i dont like global development and i find it really random. Families is a decent topic tho so that part is alright and hopefully it will have good questions.
Does anyone have any predictions for the 10 marker at the end of the paper/ do we know what it was last year? I noticed they haven’t uploaded last years past paper :smile:

Just wondering if anyone can help me out!
So for 10 mark research methods qs I know for a question that asks for two advantages needs a disadvantage for the evaluation but for a q that is a limitation question do you evaluate it with an advantage or just analyse why it’s a limitation?
Original post by podpodpod
Just wondering if anyone can help me out!
So for 10 mark research methods qs I know for a question that asks for two advantages needs a disadvantage for the evaluation but for a q that is a limitation question do you evaluate it with an advantage or just analyse why it’s a limitation?

Hey I think just analyse the limitation, as whenever I give 2 disadvantages I don't give an advantage as they haven't directly asked for it. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by podpodpod
Does anyone have any predictions for the 10 marker at the end of the paper/ do we know what it was last year? I noticed they haven’t uploaded last years past paper :smile:

My teacher gave us the question it was: 2 reasons why official statistics should not be seen as social facts.
Hi does anyone know how I can make an essay plan that can get me an A I’m currently working at a C and need an A.

Do u have any good a01 a03 for this? Rlly struggling on the new right for some reason ahhhh
Original post by Mimi_02
Hi does anyone know how I can make an essay plan that can get me an A I’m currently working at a C and need an A.

Do you mean for a 30 marker? :smile:
if so this is what I would do :

intro - five definitions of things ur gonna talk about and summarise ur points

5 paragraphs a01 a02 and a03 (3 item links if it’s an item question )
a01 make ur point and link it directly to the question, explain everything like ur explaining to someone who doesn’t know anything about sociology and give lots of example of ur point.
a02 give examples of ur point in real life and name drop sociologists that support ur point (reference the item link if it’s an item question)
A03 talk about if it’s relevant today, critique the point with other sociologists or statements

conclusion - talk about ur points and weigh up which is strongest and talk about the downfalls then answer the question it asks overall
Thank you so much
I also think it’s going to be something to do with Ethnicity (DEA) or theories of education so Marxism as my teacher said it hasn’t come up for a while or what do you all think?
Original post by 16bhatam
Hey how's it going I'm thinking possibly class/ ethnicity in achievement as it hasn't come up in a while. Gender came up not long ago and Education policies was last year but it really could be anything. How are u feeling about the methods in context and theory & methods?
Original post by Mimi_02
I also think it’s going to be something to do with Ethnicity (DEA) or theories of education so Marxism as my teacher said it hasn’t come up for a while or what do you all think?

Yh could be I'm thinking not gender because it came up in 2020. Class and ethnicity is likely but because 2021 was the role of education im thinking theories is unlikely but I could be wrong.
I've revised class and ethnicity a lot so I'm hoping for it🤞

There's been very little on relationships and processed w/in schools so i think it could be something like 'evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact of pupil achievement"
Original post by lovedaycorden
There's been very little on relationships and processed w/in schools so i think it could be something like 'evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact of pupil achievement"

What things would you write about I'm acc curious? Would you talk abt class gender and ethnicity in school or would you pick just 1 of them and talk abt that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending