The Student Room Group

Can somebody help me to make an invention showcasing fluid mechanics principles? I wi

Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
The Coander effect is a favourite demo.
Reply 3
Cwn you tell me something about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by kevinjohnyu
Cwn you tell me something about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's the self attachment of moving fluid jets to a surface.

You can make digital logic gates that utilise the coander effect. You can make a bar bet about blowing out a burning match hidden behind a cylindrical glass (blowing around a corner)
a beach ball suspended in a diagonal air jet - e.g. from a vacuum cleaner set to blow - is a demo of coanda plus another effect I've forgotten the name of.

looked at some youtubes of alleged coanda demos. Tbh i don't think many of them were very good, some i didn't think were actually showing coanda.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup
it's the self attachment of moving fluid jets to a surface.

You can make digital logic gates that utilise the coander effect. You can make a bar bet about blowing out a burning match hidden behind a cylindrical glass (blowing around a corner)
a beach ball suspended in a diagonal air jet - e.g. from a vacuum cleaner set to blow - is a demo of coanda plus another effect I've forgotten the name of.

looked at some youtubes of alleged coanda demos. Tbh i don't think many of them were very good, some i didn't think were actually showing coanda.

Tahk you very much! It did help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest