The Student Room Group

Guidance in filling out the Interview section of My Cambridge Application

Hi,

I am applying to study Computer Science at Cambridge.

I had submitted my UCAS application to Cambridge, and currently I am filling out My Cambridge Application.

However, I am confused on how I could add the topics and subjects I had studied in the interview section.

Do I add all the subjects I study for A-level even if it not exactly linked to the subject I am applying for? For example, I take Chemistry for A-level, should I add that as a subject I had studied, in the section?

When adding the topics I had studied within the subject for Mathematics, do I add topics from all three components I studied over A-level: Statistics, Mechanics, Pure?
This section is included to help them decide what questions to ask you at interview. They don't want to be asking questions about topics that you haven't yet studied, so the more details you can give, the better.
Original post by mellow2006
Hi,

I had submitted my UCAS application to Cambridge, and currently I am filling out My Cambridge Application.

However, I am confused on how I could add the topics and subjects I had studied in the interview section.

Do I add all the subjects I study for A-level even if it not exactly linked to the subject I am applying for? For example, I take Chemistry for A-level, should I add that as a subject I had studied, in the section?

When adding the topics I had studied within the subject for Mathematics, do I add topics from all three components I studied over A-level: Statistics, Mechanics, Pure?
Reply 2
Original post by mellow2006
Hi,

Hello there,
List A-level subjects that are relevant or have significant overlap with Computer Science, such as Mathematics or Physics. You can mention Chemistry if you believe it showcases your academic ability, but it's not necessary if it's not directly related. Remember, the goal is to demonstrate your passion and aptitude for Computer Science. Prioritize subjects and topics that showcase your qualifications for the program.
I hope this will help you and All the very best for your interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending