The Student Room Group

Wish I was white/Caucasian

klhjkhjkhjkhjk
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, it's sad you feel this way. I'm black but I've never felt this way. Learn to love your skin colour. You can inbox me to talk about this more if you want x
Original post by nepeneptune
Literally everything just seems 10x better when your white

Could you share a few examples?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Literally everything just seems so 10x better when your white down to the kind of clothes you wear!

I didn't know there's a special dress code for black people...
Reply 4
Be who you are and love your skin color, just be yourself.
Reply 5
You'll be thankful when you're older and look 10yrs younger than your actual age.
Wow OP, its sad that you feel that way. You should embrace who you are and try to make the most out of it.. Do you think white women are more superior/ attractive? Theres a whole list of black women who are powerful and beautiful

Oprah Winfrey
Beyonce
Kerry Washington
Michelle Obama
... Just to name a few. You should be proud of your heritage.

P.S I'm not incinuating that white women are inferior/ less attractive than black women. I'm just asking the OP if she generally beleives that white women are more attractive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Wahala
You'll be thankful when you're older and look 10yrs younger than your actual age.

This. Black people age soo well.

And also its worrying that you think this way. How is everything 10x better? I know its cliche but you should love the skin you're in. There is a lot of 'white' beauty in the media but other races can be just beautiful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I agree society seems to favour white/Caucasian skin in many situations but you shouldn't wish to be white because of it. Nothing is wrong with you but something is wrong with society.
Reply 9
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way. I agree that everything seems to be more white/Caucasian focused, which is a shame, because I think that black skin is beautiful!

I'm not black, but I don't think everything would be ten times better if you were white. Us white girls/women have our insecurities as well. I think everyone has things about their bodies that they are unhappy with, and that they can't change. The media are so geared towards perfection that even the most stunning models (of whatever skin colour) are not considered "good enough", and get airbrushed.

Loving yourself can be difficult, I know. I grew up hating the way I looked. Now I look back at my pictures and think, I actually didn't look that bad, and wish I would have enjoyed my youth more and been more confident, because now I have to deal with the whole aging thing! That's lots of wasted years looking in the mirror and bringing myself down about what I couldn't change.

I genuinely hope that you can learn to love yourself the way you are.
Reply 10
TSR, I wish I was white. I'm black but being white appears more appealing in my eyes. Literally everything just seems so 10x better when your white down to the kind of clothes you wear!

I don't HATE being black but sometimes I get upset knowing its something I can exactly change. It's not like getting a nose job or anything.

I guess I can dream though, can't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that it is better to think about what you do have more than what you don't have. There are literally thousands of thousands [and that is not a small amount] of people who, if given the chance, would be more than willing to trade places with you. Take for example disabled people. Those who can't move freely because their body doesn't let them, those who can't see, hear, or speak. Or how about the people who have a terrible disease, but can't fix it? Just now I was watching on T.V about this poor man who has cancer but doesn't have the money for treatment. On top of that he has a family to take care of; they are already poor as it is, what will happen to after the man dies?

I get being upset about something you want but can't have, but there is no point. It's better to just enjoy life.

You can choose to make your life a pity party of all the things you don't have/can't do, or you can choose to be grateful, love yourself, and use the opportunities you have to live the life you want.

P.S if you are attractive [and beauty is in the eye of the beholder] then you are attractive regardless of skin color ! If there were 2 twins - 1 black and 1 white - and everything was the same aside from the skin color, then to most people both twins would be equally attractive [assuming they were attractive.]
Black is beautiful :smile: Learn to embrace it, girl!
I have the opposite problem.

Im a man, I hate being really pale.

My skin doesnt really tan, I get sunburn easily and I have freckles which are horrible looking.

I wouldnt want to be black as such but i'd rather be darker.
Reply 13
Being white isn't better, it's just different. E.G, makeup, hair and clothing will be different from that of a white person, but neither better nor worse. Adapt your styles accordingly if you think it will bother you that much, but you'll find that not many people will actually care tbh.

Original post by Kittiara

Loving yourself can be difficult, I know. I grew up hating the way I looked. Now I look back at my pictures and think, I actually didn't look that bad, and wish I would have enjoyed my youth more and been more confident, because now I have to deal with the whole aging thing! That's lots of wasted years looking in the mirror and bringing myself down about what I couldn't change.

Beautiful words of inspiration rght there :smile:
Reply 14
there was a programme on tv like this a couple years back. made me laugh tbh, people were so caught up with wanting to be white because apparently it 'got you places' instead of being an ethnic minority.
there is nothing wrong with being any colour or race. i hope you're not ashamed or anything
Aww, Don't worry! It's okay.

To be honest, I'd blame society. Black skin is beautiful, all skin colours are beautiful. It is just a case of you feel confident enough in your own skin colour - that is when you will learn that you were born that way, and it is beautiful.
Reply 16
TSR, I wish I was white. I'm black but being white appears more appealing in my eyes. Literally everything just seems so 10x better when your white down to the kind of clothes you wear!

I don't HATE being black but sometimes I get upset knowing its something I can exactly change. It's not like getting a nose job or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mean this in a rude or mean way because I would never intentionally make fun of mental health problems, but you should seriously consider getting some therapy about how you feel about yourself.
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Move to LONDON. You'll part of the majority there.
London is more ethnic there and you can feel like a native as a black woman.
I dont want to be white as I am happy with what I am, but I would agree in saying life would just be easier if I was white.
Reply 19
Original post by Tim2341

Move to LONDON. You'll part of the majority there.
London is more ethnic there and you can feel like a native as a black woman.

I'm in London and I actually feel practically the same way as her... I don't know what it is maybe just me being generally insecure but I'd definitely prefer to be white rather than black for sure, not that I can do anything about it though!

Quick Reply

Latest