The Student Room Group

Medicine at Bari or at Cluj Napoca???

Hi!
I am a brand-new member of the Student Room.This year I had applied for medicine in Cluj Napoca,Romania and I have been accepted to study there in English.I also took the IMAT test for medicine in English in Italy.I indicated as first choice the University of Bari and when the results came out,I was assigned there.
I need an advice about which university is better in this field!I would also appreciate any other information regarding to it.
:smile:
Reply 1
When did you apply to cluj and how long did they take to respond??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I applied in June.The results came out this Monday,6th of August.
Reply 3
im not familiar with university of bari, however bear in mind that health care resources could be more stretched in romania than in italy. this will impact your clinical studies, especially if they do not have the technology to provide some specific treatment modalities such as CT or PET scanning.
Reply 4
Original post by inthevale
im not familiar with university of bari, however bear in mind that health care resources could be more stretched in romania than in italy. this will impact your clinical studies, especially if they do not have the technology to provide some specific treatment modalities such as CT or PET scanning.

What do you mean heath care in romania is more stretched than in italy??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
See page 15 of this report http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/95924/E71423.pdf on the Romanian Healthcare system. Point 4 is especially relevant.

The legacy of this system and the current operation of health care, to some extent, still reflect the problems of this system:
the relatively small proportion of GDP dedicated to health care; (in fact - the lowest across the EU at only 7%)
the centralized and inequitable allocation of resources (with “under-thetable payments” and privileges to the nomenclature);
the lack of response to local needs;
the poor quality first level services, inadequate referral and the overemphasis
on hospital-based curative services with lack of good equipment and drugs;
the supply of beds and personnel not matched by the provision of equipment and drugs;
growing inequity in health care provision among regions and different social
groups;
a poor managerial capacity within the health care system and the lack of a
health care workforce with competencies and capacities in policy
development and management.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Thank you very much!So if you were me would you definitely choose Medicine in Italy?
P.S.I found out that the diploma in Romania is in Romanian but in Italy it's in English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by olga_greece
Thank you very much!So if you were me would you definitely choose Medicine in Italy?
P.S.I found out that the diploma in Romania is in Romanian but in Italy it's in English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Italy the diploma you gain is in ITALIAN not in English!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
How do you know that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending