The Student Room Group

a premed miniblog

i saw someone else do this so i decided to make my own! (i just came back to my tsr account after last years gcse season lol)

basic stuff about me:
gcses - 77888899D*
a levels- geography, maths, chemistry (AAA predicted)

to do list:
- ucat revision + ace ucat (around 17 days till my exam as of today) (completed - 2760 B2 08/08)
- purchase my certificate for my online med work experience (£10 😢) (ended up not doing this in the end :biggrin:)
- draft personal statement (after my ucat)
- take a breather and a break at some point in time
- do a mooc? (maybe?) (started 15/08)

i would also like to make friends too on here!

unis of choice for med
(i'm pretty limited since i don't do bio!)
- ARU
- Manchester
(CHANGED) Bristol (might change depending on my ucat score!)
(CHANGED) Newcastle/Sheffield (between the two of these)
- UEA
- Liverpool
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck, will be watching!!
Oh also just noticed you don't have to purchase online wex certificate - it's a scam, most unis don't require formal proof like this, what's more important is reflection and content rather than a scrap of paper that says you've done it...

springpod have free ones that give you a free certificate of wex
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by toothysmile
Oh also just noticed you don't have to purchase online wex certificate - it's a scam, most unis don't require formal proof like this, what's more important is reflection and content rather than a scrap of paper that says you've done it...

springpod have free ones that give you a free certificate of wex

thank u! i think the one i did was by in2med it was pretty good though!
Original post by il0vereigen
i saw someone else do this so i decided to make my own! (i just came back to my tsr account after last years gcse season lol)

basic stuff about me:
gcses - 77888899D*
a levels- geography, maths, chemistry (AAA predicted)

to do list:
- ucat revision + ace ucat (around 17 days till my exam as of today)
- purchase my certificate for my online med work experience (£10 😢)
- draft personal statement (after my ucat)
- take a breather and a break at some point in time
- do a mooc? (maybe?)

i would also like to make friends too on here!

unis of choice for med
(i'm pretty limited since i don't do bio!)
- ARU
- Manchester
- Bristol (might change depending on my ucat score!)
- Newcastle/Sheffield (between the two of these)

Hi il0vereigen,

Good luck with your premed miniblog! It’s looking great and organised so far

If you do have any questions or queries studying Medicine here at ARU, feel free to get in contact with us 😊

We do have a whole host of medicine blogs and videos including A Day in the Life of an ARU Medical student and our Medicine students' perspectives you can check out. Or if you’d like to speak with one of our students yourself, like Fatima who currently studies Medicine, send them a message and they’ll be happy to response whether that’s a question about the interview, their work-life balance, placements, or just student life 😊

Enjoy the journey! ❤️

Jemma
Reply 5
ended getting 2760 B2 on my ucat (last week). i was pretty sad as bristol is off the list but i am proud of myself for making it through the exam! ive decided on my four main choices being Manchester, aru, uea and liverpool. i do still have to check how Manchester's holistic approach works though as i am pretty close to the cut off :tongue:
ended getting 2760 B2 on my ucat (last week). i was pretty sad as bristol is off the list but i am proud of myself for making it through the exam! ive decided on my four main choices being Manchester, aru, uea and liverpool. i do still have to check how Manchester's holistic approach works though as i am pretty close to the cut off :tongue:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOHOO!!! UCAT is done, well done on the score!!! I'm rooting for you!!! ☺☺☺
Reply 7
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOHOO!!! UCAT is done, well done on the score!!! I'm rooting for you!!! ☺☺☺

thank u very much!! ❤️
Reply 8
17/08 - started my mooc two days ago. i began taking rlly detailed notes but i've realised there's seriously no point in doing that. i'll probably bookmark the lessons i find the most interesting and stuff. i think it will be much more useful for me. it's not rlly medicine based but it's human biology and i realised it would be rlly nice for me since the only bio knowledge i have is from gcse :biggrin:
Reply 9
21/08 finished my mooc! i'll start drafting my personal statement by this thursday probably!

hiiii can i ask why bristol is off the list ? ur ucat score is amazing btw
Reply 11
Original post by jennaa21
hiiii can i ask why bristol is off the list ? ur ucat score is amazing btw

thank u! the cutoff for bristol is pretty high from what i remember it's around late 2800s and above! so i decided there's no need to take the risk!
thank u! the cutoff for bristol is pretty high from what i remember it's around late 2800s and above! so i decided there's no need to take the risk!

ohhh i didnt know that, i know someone who got into bristol dentistry with 2400
Original post by jennaa21
ohhh i didnt know that, i know someone who got into bristol dentistry with 2400

In general dentistry has lower UCATs.
In general dentistry has lower UCATs.

ah okay makes sense
Reply 15
gosh ive been gone for a while lol. i have a draft of my ps but i need to keep redrafting! i also need to find a biomed course since my head of year said i need to do so as a backup! (11/09)
Reply 16
fri 15/09
weekly update!
- i spoke with my careers advisor at school and she wants me to do a third draft of my ps, literally crying rn about to start it.
- i need to make sure my ps has academic things too
- also i have been swamped with hw :frown:, my maths teacher collected homework on wednesday and set another homework SAME DAY
- other than that i cant wait till the application process is over, im so tired everyday 😭

things to do and update with next week (hopefully)
- finish 3rd draft + HOPEFULLY ITS BETTER THAN MY SECOND
- be on top of hw
- start making flash cards
- go over aromatics
- start revision for silly stats and mechanics test :mad:
Reply 17
sun 1/10/23
fortnight update!
- i remembered i said i would update weekly but by the time i remembered it was monday and i was like hmm it can wait and i ended up forgetting this past friday. but i am doing well
- ill send off my supplication this week! i did a fourth draft and its going to be my final!
- my stats and mechanics test went well!
- i did a chem practical on thursday so i need to do a write up and get ready for my chem practical this monday!

things to do and update with next week (I SWEAR THIS TIME)
- go over ps and shorten it by 30 characters.
- start making flashcards!
- send off application and give myself a pat on the back <3
Reply 18
Guess who just sent their application :biggrin:
(edited 6 months ago)
Guess who just sent their application :biggrin:

YASSS!!!!! slay!!!! hope it all goes well!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending