The Student Room Group

RCSI 2024 Entry Applicants

hi guys, just started this for the the RCSI 2024 entry applicants. im applying to study the medicine course and im an international student. have you all applied already or still in the process?
thankss

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Original post by rb00625
hi guys, just started this for the the RCSI 2024 entry applicants. im applying to study the medicine course and im an international student. have you all applied already or still in the process?
thankss

Hi I applied, but really don’t think i’ll get in. i’m irish but my gamsat was 55.
Reply 3
Original post by prized-tonnage
Hi I applied, but really don’t think i’ll get in. i’m irish but my gamsat was 55.

ohh, but let's hope for the best!
Original post by rb00625
ohh, but let's hope for the best!

yes ofc, did you apply to any uk schools?
Reply 5
yes ofc, did you apply to any uk schools?

yep, nottingham(lincoln)(rejected yesterday), uclan(got interview invite), brunel(yet to hear), keele(rejected but got an offer for biomed) qub(rejected), qmul- offer for neuroscience
Original post by rb00625
yep, nottingham(lincoln)(rejected yesterday), uclan(got interview invite), brunel(yet to hear), keele(rejected but got an offer for biomed) qub(rejected), qmul- offer for neuroscience

i applied to nottingham, worcester, ulster and have gotten interview invites only waiting on sgul. i’m sorry for the rejections but there’s still hope for uclan and brunel. would you consider doing the other courses you’ve been offered?
Reply 7
i applied to nottingham, worcester, ulster and have gotten interview invites only waiting on sgul. i’m sorry for the rejections but there’s still hope for uclan and brunel. would you consider doing the other courses you’ve been offered?

thats great congratulations! what was ur ucat?
my top choice uni is rcsi actually, and if i get into med then ill choose that and if not then i think ill consider doing the other courses
Thank youu, i didn't take the ucat just the gamsat, I took the gem route
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 9
ohk thats nice
Original post by rb00625
thankss

hi! I applied last year and I'm currently a student in RCSI. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need advice! (for med only)
Reply 11
Original post by Khalid mohd
hi! I applied last year and I'm currently a student in RCSI. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need advice! (for med only)

hello! thats great! could you please give me any last min tips on the application procedure...i have completed my ps with a paragraph speaking about rcsi as well and work exp... extracurricular activities, motivation etc. anything else is to be added? and how was your interview? can you give some tips for that as well... thank you so much!
Original post by rb00625
hello! thats great! could you please give me any last min tips on the application procedure...i have completed my ps with a paragraph speaking about rcsi as well and work exp... extracurricular activities, motivation etc. anything else is to be added? and how was your interview? can you give some tips for that as well... thank you so much!

I would say RCSI cares more about why you want to study with them specifically and what can you bring to the uni exactly. So make sure you focus on those points in your PS and interview. My interview was on sonru and was a list of about 18-20 questions, and I had a minute only to answer each and record my response. Questions were:
-what are your strengths?
-what are your weaknesses?
-What type of doctor do u wanna be?
-Why RCSI?
-Hobbies/past time activities?
-favorite subjects?
there were more questions but honestly I forgot them. They really care more about learning about YOU and NOT your academics during the interview so talk more about yourself instead. Also just have good body language and talk in a flowing manner like you would write a fancy essay:smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 13
I would say RCSI cares more about why you want to study with them specifically and what can you bring to the uni exactly. So make sure you focus on those points in your PS and interview. My interview was on snonu and was a list of about 18-20 questions, and I had a minute only to answer each and record my response. Questions were:
-what are your strengths?
-what are your weaknesses?
-What type of doctor do u wanna be?
-Why RCSI?
-Hobbies/past time activities?
-favorite subjects?
there were more questions but honestly I forgot them. They really care more about learning about YOU and NOT your academics during the interview so talk more about yourself instead. Also just have good body language and talk in a flowing manner like you would write a fancy essay:smile:

this is great! thank you so much for this!! really helpful
Original post by rb00625
this is great! thank you so much for this!! really helpful

no worries and don't hesitate to ask for more help/info!
Reply 15
When do you think they send out interviews? mid-Jan? International applicant here
Original post by TSL100
When do you think they send out interviews? mid-Jan? International applicant here

No applications close around February I believe. I, and my other friends got our interviews around the 31st of March but that’s because they had a very high volume of applications in the last cycle so it took a longer time. I know some who got their interviews early to middle of March as well! I guess they applied way earlier, I applied end of Jan 😅
Reply 17
Original post by rb00625
thankss

Hey, I applied already - it's my top choice so yeah (international as well)
Reply 18
no worries and don't hesitate to ask for more help/info!

hi! i had another question, how was your experience at rcsi till now? how do you like the uni and the environment?
thanks a lot!
Reply 19
Original post by TSL100
Hey, I applied already - it's my top choice so yeah (international as well)

its my top choice as well haha...i applied on the 29th of December and international too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending