The Student Room Group

Bishop Burton College 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ah right! :smile: I guess I'll find out on the day. Only a week left! Can you remember if the halls have a fridge freezer or just the fridge, I can't remember :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I actually have no idea :/ so sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
I've just seen this thread after googling "Who is going to Bishop Burton 2013" after panicking about not knowing anyone and joined this site just so I could say hello! I'm Hannah, studying a BSc in Equine Therapy and Rehabilitation! Come from Scotland and was down today unpacking all my stuff because I can't get a lift down next weekend with it all so having to go by train! :s-smilie: The rooms are fairly decent actually, more so that I remembered from the open day. Proper cupboard, space under the bed and three drawers as well as a shelf so not too bad!!

Rather excited now - and give me a message here and I'll add you on facebook! :wink:
Reply 63
Awesome stuff! Open day seems like so long ago for me, I can't really remember anything haha. Do you know what the layout of the halls is like? And where are you staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I lived in but I don't live that far away I live in hull,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
I'm in Kilham I think it's called? There are like 18 rooms in each (I think) with like ten rooms on the bottom floor ten on the top. Bathroom with a proper bath and everything for everyone then each room has a wee en suite with a shower and everything. Think the kitchen is on the bottom floor but I didn't have a poke around just ditched my stuff and left!

The warden handed over my key and was like "We've redone a house in the village" and I genuinely thought she meant in Bishop Burton itself and had a heart attack thinking I wouldn't be on-site haha! Luckily she just meant student village! :wink:
Reply 66
Haha, fair enough. I've been told I'm in New Boald 2025... I don't really know what to make of that :L ahhh, I had no idea there was the possibility of having a proper bath! And I was under the illusion that you're effectively banned from cooking as it's all catered and whatnot :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Yeah I think it's just like a hob and a microwave don't think there is an oven... Thank god my granddad lives in Hull as I will literally just be going back there every weekend for proper food haha!

I'm bringing my horse down as well so that's yet another thing to stress about. :/
Reply 68
Yeah, that is pretty stressful :/ I may be sneaky and ask if I can say hello :L I'm having to leave a horse behind. Not my own as I can't afford it! But there's a horse I was given to ride this year who was pretty green but he's come on in leaps and bounds. A real joy, it'll be sad leaving him :frown: I'm hoping to still have lessons at the college though :smile: are you attending the monty Roberts demo in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Just to clarify, I meant say hello to your horse, not your grandad. Though I'm sure that he is also lovely and no doubt provides wonderful food! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Of course you can come say hello! I've been very lucky that my mum's helped me out a lot. I can't imagine leaving him behind so if you'd ever want to come ride him or anything you are more than welcome seriously! He's a bit of a handful though haha. My other one is coming down as well but on working loan as can't afford two on DIY! (plus wouldn't have the time!)
I saw that demo but I'm having to be careful with my money as want to enter the BE event in October and that's bloody expensive - bloody horses!
gorgeous boy.jpg That's him! (and me haha!)

Haha yes my granddad has been told he's going to have to work out how to use my camera and come down for every show! Poor guy! :L
Reply 71
Hi! :biggrin:
The open day I went to was in December last year so I can hardly remember what the rooms are like! I remember that the kitchen only had a microwave, toaster and kettle. At least we have that food card though! Ooh, yeah. You're welcome to add me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/aliceeltaylor I've found a few other girls going to Bishop on there too :smile: It'll be nice to kind of know a few people! :smile:
Reply 72
Hello! :smile:
I've added you mine is https://www.facebook.com/hannah.hunterhill for anyone else though! I went to the one in June so that's no bad - yeah glad for the food card cause in all honesty I'm so lazy I'd forget to feed myself.
I know need to find more people - although to be honest the thing I'm most terrified about is making new friends!
Also haven't found a nice fancy dress outfit so that'll be fun - need to do that ASAP or else it'll never arrive! :/
Reply 73
Same, I have no idea how often we'd be able to go shopping for food anyway either. I'm glad we have a food card. Me too, I'm hoping all my flatmates are easy to get along with to be honest :P I'm a pretty shy person so making friends is worrying me more than anything! For the superhero one? Yeah, me either. I ought to sort that out really :')
I need someone to go to ball with :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
I'm getting worried about the superhero fancy dress too, I've ordered my dress and everything but it's coming from America and its been 2 weeks since it was shipped :/ hoping it comes during this week, I got me some face paint too :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Hannaaaah
Of course you can come say hello! I've been very lucky that my mum's helped me out a lot. I can't imagine leaving him behind so if you'd ever want to come ride him or anything you are more than welcome seriously! He's a bit of a handful though haha. My other one is coming down as well but on working loan as can't afford two on DIY! (plus wouldn't have the time!)
I saw that demo but I'm having to be careful with my money as want to enter the BE event in October and that's bloody expensive - bloody horses!
gorgeous boy.jpg That's him! (and me haha!)

Haha yes my granddad has been told he's going to have to work out how to use my camera and come down for every show! Poor guy! :L

Wow, he looks incredible! I may take you up on that offer :P you really are too kind! And if you ever need a hand with anything, just let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Also, I've added you guys on Facebook :smile: just so you don't get utterly freaked out - Mari-Lisa, that's me :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
I added u, but can't add anyone as my iPhone hates it hahgaha so you all will have to add me xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending