Original post by .Dezer.
C...

I use the formula and I get 2.86E-15 m.
Original post by Eimmanuel
I use the formula and I get 2.86E-15 m.

What is your r0 value mine is 1.04x10^-15
Original post by .Dezer.
What is your r0 value mine is 1.04x10^-15

You are not require to use R_0. It gets cancelled off if you use the formula in ratio.
You are not require to use R_0. It gets cancelled off if you use the formula in ratio.

I am lost, can you just give me some working of how you did it?
Do you know the following formula?

R=R0A1/3 R = R_0 A^{1/3}

Original post by .Dezer.
Exam Q Physics.PNGCan someone help me through this?

Original post by .Dezer.
I am lost, can you just give me some working of how you did it?

At least 2 ways of doing:

R_0 is the same for uranium nucleus and carbon nucleus.

R0=RC12(AC12)1/3=RU238(AU238)1/3 R_0 =\dfrac{R_{C-12}}{(A_{C-12})^{1/3}} =\dfrac{R_{U-238}}{(A_{U-238})^{1/3}}

Another method is

Spoiler

A student wishes to determine the density ρ of lead. She measures the mass and diameter of a
small sphere of lead:
mass = (0.506 ± 0.005) g
diameter = (2.20 ± 0.02) mm.
What is the best estimate of the percentage uncertainty in her calculated value of ρ?
A 1.7% B 1.9% C 2.8% D 3.7%
Original post by monkmaserati
A student wishes to determine the density ρ of lead. She measures the mass and diameter of a
small sphere of lead:
mass = (0.506 ± 0.005) g
diameter = (2.20 ± 0.02) mm.
What is the best estimate of the percentage uncertainty in her calculated value of ρ?
A 1.7% B 1.9% C 2.8% D 3.7%

Original post by Thisismyunitsr

lol
mechanics is hardddddddddddddd no matter how much i read it goes through one ear and out the other, and tips?
Guys im struggling in physics. We done an assessment last week and i managed to get an 61/80 in maths, 53/80 in Chemistry, 47/70 in Economics but 16/80 in Physics (a D) :/ I would kill to get an A. Worst part is I wanna do mechanical engineering and it requires Physics. Physics is one of them subjects im just not good at. Please send urgent help. Any tipssss??????
Original post by Kawalas108
Guys im struggling in physics. We done an assessment last week and i managed to get an 61/80 in maths, 53/80 in Chemistry, 47/70 in Economics but 16/80 in Physics (a D) :/ I would kill to get an A. Worst part is I wanna do mechanical engineering and it requires Physics. Physics is one of them subjects im just not good at. Please send urgent help. Any tipssss??????

Any specific topics your struggling with? Make sure you fully understand all the concepts (use the specification to know exactly what you need to learn). Watching youtube vids really helped me understand certain topics. After you understand the content, go to physicsandmathstutor.com and do as many questions you can. Hope this helped.
Original post by Apidafu
Any specific topics your struggling with? Make sure you fully understand all the concepts (use the specification to know exactly what you need to learn). Watching youtube vids really helped me understand certain topics. After you understand the content, go to physicsandmathstutor.com and do as many questions you can. Hope this helped.

Our next paper is going to be paper 1 so it’s going to be on Mechanics and electricity. No matter how many times my teacher teaches us moments I will never get a grip of it. Especially the moment questions with the angles. Some projectile motions questions I get lucky but I’m not good with it. As for the electricity, I know my equations but some of them u had to do advanced steps like finding the negative reciprocal of the total resistance via the sum of the reciprocals of the individual resistances. I’m gonna soon start doing past papers but I can’t do past papers without knowledge of the content. Anything that can help :/
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you!
Original post by username5574196
Our next paper is going to be paper 1 so it’s going to be on Mechanics and electricity. No matter how many times my teacher teaches us moments I will never get a grip of it. Especially the moment questions with the angles. Some projectile motions questions I get lucky but I’m not good with it. As for the electricity, I know my equations but some of them u had to do advanced steps like finding the negative reciprocal of the total resistance via the sum of the reciprocals of the individual resistances. I’m gonna soon start doing past papers but I can’t do past papers without knowledge of the content. Anything that can help :/

practice man, I remember similarly to you I struggled with the concept of moments at the start and it took me a while of self-teaching to get it, it stressed me out because it seemed easier to everyone else, if you take maths mechanics it will help you a lot with the mechanic's side of physics and fill the gaps in your knowledge.
I assume you've heard of physics and maths tutor? I did a lot of questions on moments and projectile motion and that was enough for me to get it.
as for electricity.. that's just a difficult topic for everyone I can assure you, the only thing I can advise is to do as many exam questions on those topics and get used to the answers the mark scheme favour, a quick way to learn the content as opposed to reading it straight out of the textbook is to go onto revision sites and look for mindmaps etc which summarise what you need to know, it's up to you how you use that information, making your own effective method of revision material is a good start, for physics especially I'd recommend revision cards of exam questions and a structured method you can easily look over and learn how you did it, if you do Edexcel A level maths, I'm not sure whether your AS or A2 the year 2 mechanics textbook is good for demonstrating moments and projectiles
(edited 2 years ago)
I've been struggling with this question but it seems so simple so I'd greatly appreciate your help
Can someone help me understand why Circuit D is considered to have produced the current voltage data in figure 3? I understand why A, C and B are considered wrong. For example, circuit B is incorrect because the voltage range across R (shown in the graph) cannot be produced as, in circuit B, it cannot achieve a voltage less than about 5 V across R but in the graph the voltage varies from 0 to 16V

However, I don't understand why circuit D is considered right because in circuit D. The voltage across R seems like it will always stay at 14.6V and not vary at all (regardless of how you alter Resistor P's resistance) because it is in parallel with resistor P. Therefore how does that circuit produce the current voltage data in figure 3?

It's mean a lot to me if someone could help as this is bugging me.

Question paper: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2019/june/AQA-74072-QP-JUN19.PDF
Mark Scheme: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2019/june/AQA-74072-W-MS-JUN19.PDF
any tips on how to work on the wordier more contextual 3 marks + explanation questions that actually require logic, I seem to drop most marks on those...

Latest