The Student Room Group

Chat to an Oxford Student

Hey All,

I am creating this thread for any applicants who are interested in applying to Oxford University.

Please post your desired subject and A level choices below. Should you want the chance to discuss the subject you aspire to do, please private message me and I can put you in contact with a current student doing that subject. They can provide you with a bunch of details and tips for your application (and your future studies!)

I know applying can be a stressful experience, but I had the benefit of talking to students when applying, and I wanted to give back by offering the same service to others.

Best wishes,
Chat2Oxford
Hello,
I do Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry.
I’m thinking about applying for Oxford Physics, but Cambridge Natural Science (Physical) also seems like a good option. I’ve done some research on both, and attended the open days, but I’m still not certain in my choice. What’s your thought on the difference between physical NatSci and physics at Oxford?
Is one course “better” than the other, or is it essentially the same result but through a different process?

Also, what is your opinion on Oxford vs Cambridge in general?

Thanks!
Original post by Chat2Oxford
Hey All,

I am creating this thread for any applicants who are interested in applying to Oxford University.

Please post your desired subject and A level choices below. Should you want the chance to discuss the subject you aspire to do, please private message me and I can put you in contact with a current student doing that subject. They can provide you with a bunch of details and tips for your application (and your future studies!)

I know applying can be a stressful experience, but I had the benefit of talking to students when applying, and I wanted to give back by offering the same service to others.

Best wishes,
Chat2Oxford

Hi,

Thank you so much for creating this thread, it's really difficult to get access to people in Oxford uni for advice so I really appreciate it. My a-level subjects are Biology, chemistry, psychology, in which my predicted grades are A*A*A*, and my EPQ got a provisional A* grade. I am hoping to apply for medicine at Oxford uni so would you please be able to link me up with some successful applicants.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending