The Student Room Group

is it worth dropping 4th a level

im in y12 studying maths further maths business physics

is it worth dropping physics as i dont really see any benefit to keeping it aswell as it being very boring?

Im gonna apply to

LSE - maths with economics

UCL - maths with economics

ICL - economics, finance and data science

KCL - maths with management and finance
Reply 1
Just had a look at the LSE website specifically and they have quite bluntly stated they do not like business as an A level and favour students who take a level combinations with traditionally academic subjects. So if you would like to hinder your chances at LSE (and possibly the others but I haven’t checked) then drop physics but having physics will definitely benefit you more than business will. https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by stilk

is it worth dropping physics as i dont really see any benefit to keeping it aswell as it being very boring?

Im gonna apply to

What predicted grades do you think you will get because those are all top unis
Original post by stilk

Im gonna apply to

Hi there:smile:

Cardiff Uni student here!

I think it would definitely be worth double-checking with a couple of the universities directly. Personally, I've found that once you meet the requirements for the course, it might be better to have other things to talk about in a personal statement e.g. volunteering, work experience or even a part-time job. So, although, 4 a level is great (still check with your specific schools), if it's making your college experience less enjoyable, or you think it might lead to having a lower grade average, if may be best to have 3 stong A levels and some experience.

I hope this helps!

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Ref
Original post by stilk

Im gonna apply to

You've already received answers to this on the other thread you posted a few days ago:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7358646#post98479196

Please don't keep asking the same question.
hes apparently changed from doing Economics A level to Business A level as well lmao
Original post by normaw
You've already received answers to this on the other thread you posted a few days ago:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7358646#post98479196

Please don't keep asking the same question.
Original post by user123456324
hes apparently changed from doing Economics A level to Business A level as well lmao

Well spotted :smile:
Original post by stilk

Im gonna apply to

You have been given excellent advice that you have rejected on another thread. Why waste everybodys time asking for help when you will only do what you want anyway,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending