The Student Room Group

GSM London ( Greenwich School Of Management) Greenford Campus

Hi Guys

I am currently a student at GSM London ( Greenwich Campus), but I'd like to transfer to Greenford Campus, so I was just wondering wherever anyone is currently studying there right now. I'm on the Business Management with Travel & Tourism programme.

I like in south london and Greenwich is closer to me but I'd like to change my campus.

Of you currently study at the Greenford campus, what are the pros and cons of the campus, and the lecturers.

Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Hi Denisha,

There is an open day at the Greenford campus this Saturday the 21st of September, from 10am-4pm. So you can pop in and check it out and see if that is the campus for you :smile: There will be students and lecturers there to chat with too.

As for changing over your campus, you will need to speak with the guys on the Student Service team. They will be able to sort it out for you.

Hope this helps!

Tania
Reply 2
Im starting my course at the greenford campus on the 7th of october, anyone else doin computer science? From what ive seen the Greenford campus seems really nice, not a whole lot of outdoor space though i guess
I'm studying Computer Science at the Greenford campus. The campus is really modern and nice and they are developing more facilities for the students, as the local area is a bit quiet. There isn't much outdoor space, but the events manager organises external events and parties, and there are sports facilities that we use nearby. See you in October :smile:
Reply 4
Im doing the standard 3 year course, are you a freshman too?
Reply 5
Hi guys,
I am new to this site. I will be going to the Greenford Campus as well I have an induction this Tuesday and start classes on the 7th extended Degree. :smile:
Hey everyone,

I am starting the Oil and Gas Management Degree at Greenwich campus, and would like to move to Greenford campus, mainly because I can't see myself enjoying the academic year at Greenwich Campus even though, Greenwich is lovely place to chillax and visit.

People who are currently studying or studied before at the Greenford campus, please contact me via E-mail [email protected], I just have few questions to ask.

Thank you,
Original post by Denisha
Hi Guys

I am currently a student at GSM London ( Greenwich Campus), but I'd like to transfer to Greenford Campus, so I was just wondering wherever anyone is currently studying there right now. I'm on the Business Management with Travel & Tourism programme.

I like in south london and Greenwich is closer to me but I'd like to change my campus.

Of you currently study at the Greenford campus, what are the pros and cons of the campus, and the lecturers.

Thank you x

You can't transfer campus. You would have to leave the university, and re-apply as a new student. This is a specific GSM rule.
Hi Denisha,

You are able to transfer campuses. But you Will need to speak with the Student Service Team. Try and do that as soon as you can though, so as you don't get to far into the course.

You can get through to them on 0208 516 7800.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to write me.

Hope this helps!

Tania :smile:
Hi Denisha, The decision to transfer over to Plymouth on the last year is up to Plymouths discretion. Mainly because the modules may be completed in a different order to the school. I would speak directly with Plymouth to see what their opinion is. Hope this helps, Tania :smile:
The transcript will say GSM London. But the final degree will state Plymouth University. You can contact us on 0208 516 7800 if you want to go into a bit more detail with someone :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Tania @ GSM London
The transcript will say GSM London.

Will there be any mention of GSM on a persons CV?

Original post by Tania @ GSM London
But the final degree will state Plymouth University. You can contact us on 0208 516 7800 if you want to go into a bit more detail with someone :smile:

And Plymouth University or did you mean University of Plymouth?
Why, why why.

I recommend anyone that wants a good university experience to avoid GSM they are a independent university that work in the likes of giant corporations, In other words they only want your money, I am currently attending GSM and I must say the staff and lectures are incompetent and rude. Seriously Avoid this university I will be transferring after finishing this year
are you having problems with your student finance ?
Reply 14
I got rejected for loan. On letter it says they're not approved and link is to this

http://www.hefce.ac.uk/whatwedo/reg/desig/search/Provider/10007937/
Reply 15
Thanks dale but I've applied a second time and been refused again. Have called gsm and they just tell me to call slc who say the course isn't designated. What a shambles!
Reply 16
I have started an application with GSM just about 10 days ago, their communication is horrible, I did my English test and tired to supply with my reference and supporting documents but did not get an answer to my three emails. I then called to speak with the adviser but told she start only later on that day, she didnt call back... then I called again, was put on hold for five minutes and then they hang the phone on me! I will not be studying with you- GSM, thank you very much for letting me know ahead of time what a bunch of amateurs you are, and rescuing me from wasting my time and money with you!
(edited 9 years ago)
I cannot say much because I haven't exactly been on your campus GSMers but last time I checked- it was located on a backstreet industrial estate??!!

And I won't accept otherwise as I used to take the bus to college down there. I'm not quite sure what is so pretty about the campus as someone else put it if I am brutally honest
Very bad college. I'm studying there and regret my decision of joining the institute. No support, they just tune you out when you speak to them (student advisory) or do not pick up the phone. they take lunchbreaks and close early whenever you try to go speak to them when you come in on days you have lessons. Useless to go speak to them if they don't resolve any of your queries. The finance team are often talking about scoring weed with each other and even if you are infront of them they carry on a conversation with each other and do not focus on why you've come there. VLE team doesn't respond to email queries by students, even though they should know we only ever contact them if its urgent otherwise we would not bother.

They don't give you study books you need to buy yourself, the library has got very few of the core texts required for study. They tell you to either buy yourself or read online but the system for online reading is cumbersome and you can't copy the text, diagrams and graphs from the books in the online text, also the online system crashes regularly and you have no access. Similarly the computer classes the computers regularly crash, lessons in computing are difficult to get through , library computers forget it every 1 minute the pc's crash there (the server is overburdened). You need to bring your own laptop everytime you have a computer lesson.

They have a student engagement team that is supposed to take all your problems to senior management but its only for show, the student engagement do not resolve any problems, when I have spoken to the lady she just says; "yah yah yah, when I joined university my lecturers made me spend £700 worth on books that I didn't need" "yah that is true the computers are crashing" meanwhile she's not dealing with the issues I've raised.

If you want to come here any new students, be ready for all of this, other student that are here, please advise what we should do, wait for the one year to finish then move, do we leave what alternatives are there for us? Can we trust another college will it be more of the same?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Hi @Dimple1234,

I'm a recent graduate from GSM London and as they're a private institute I had my doubts, but overall my experience was good. Yes, like all universities, there are a few issues along the way, but none that would make me change my mind about recommending GSM London. The 2 year degree was a great choice for me and there was enough breathing room in the smaller holiday times between semesters.

I found the staff really helpful and they were constantly looking for ways to keep students happy. My overall experience at GSM London is good, but it is still in its building process and I will be proud to say I have been a building block that has brought them forward.

Sonia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending