The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

MPharm student studying at Medway but living at Canterbury? - Medway school

Hi, I'll be an Mpharm student this year (2023/24) and I have some questions, as the school I'm going to is a collaboration between University of Kent and Greenwich - Medway School of Pharmacy. I'm thinking of getting accommodation at the Canterbury campus, and then commuting to Medway, not only because of friends but societies and other things to do there.

1. Will I be able to join societies from the Kent union?
2. Does the shuttle bus service have enough space to book seats regularly?
3. As an MPharm student that is being "managed" by Greenwich this year, how will I book shuttle service? I need a Kent ID/login for that and I don't think I'll receive it as I've received a Greenwich one.
Original post by 7JK
Hi, I'll be an Mpharm student this year (2023/24) and I have some questions, as the school I'm going to is a collaboration between University of Kent and Greenwich - Medway School of Pharmacy. I'm thinking of getting accommodation at the Canterbury campus, and then commuting to Medway, not only because of friends but societies and other things to do there.

1. Will I be able to join societies from the Kent union?
2. Does the shuttle bus service have enough space to book seats regularly?
3. As an MPharm student that is being "managed" by Greenwich this year, how will I book shuttle service? I need a Kent ID/login for that and I don't think I'll receive it as I've received a Greenwich one.

Hi @7JK,

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Mpharm program! I hope I can help you out with some of your queries :biggrin:

Yes, you will be able to join societies from the Kent Union. Kent Union is the student union for the University of Kent, and it offers a wide range of societies and activities for students to participate in. You can find a list of societies on the Kent Union website here.

The shuttle bus service between the Canterbury and Medway campuses is very popular, so there is still usually enough space to book seats regularly. From what I understand, you can book seats online or by phone. The shuttle bus service runs every 30 minutes and takes around 45 minutes to travel between the two campuses.

As an MPharm student who is being "managed" by Greenwich this year, I think you may need to use your Greenwich ID to book the shuttle service. I think you can do this by logging into the Greenwich Student Portal, but unfortunately as I'm just a regular Uni of Kent student, so I couldn't tell you exactly.

However, what I can tell you with certainty is to email the University of Kent information helpdesk here: [email protected] and they are the best email for general admissions related queries.
Alternatively, you could also call them here: 01227 768896
Both those contact informations will be more than happy to help you with all your questions :biggrin:

I do hope this helps, despite my unfortunate lack of knowledge.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you may have more questions!.

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello just wanted to know which date is class starting in medway school of pharmacy for 2023 students?
Original post by aleska
Hello just wanted to know which date is class starting in medway school of pharmacy for 2023 students?

Hey @aleska

Autumn term at both Kent and Greenwich starts on the 25th September (with a welcome week the week before). Since the school of pharmacy is a collaboration of both these universities, I assume it will be the same! You will also likely hear from the Medway School of Pharmacy in the next few weeks about your timetable/when your specific classes start anyway :smile:

Hope this helps!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending