The Student Room Group

westminster or UAL for film ba

hiya, I got an offer from University of Westminster and UAL for film ba.
I need to make my final decision soon but im torn between the two, does anyone have any advice for me?
Reply 1
Original post by esther.t
hiya, I got an offer from University of Westminster and UAL for film ba.
I need to make my final decision soon but im torn between the two, does anyone have any advice for me?

This may not seem like good advice, but what I did when I applied to both was look at the alumni. Which ever had recognised or successful alumni was the place i applied to. I got into Westminster btw but I'm not sure if I'll stay with it.
Reply 2
Original post by tigerbite
This may not seem like good advice, but what I did when I applied to both was look at the alumni. Which ever had recognised or successful alumni was the place i applied to. I got into Westminster btw but I'm not sure if I'll stay with it.

hii thanks, I will do that tonight! could you tell me a bit more if possible on why you decided to choose westminster over ual? (was it only based on the alumni or were there other factors)
Reply 3
hii thanks, I will do that tonight! could you tell me a bit more if possible on why you decided to choose westminster over ual? (was it only based on the alumni or were there other factors)

I actually didn't get into UAL:smile: but like I only applied to them for fun. I kinda want to go to greenwich because they focus on film and television and they have a placement year as part of the course. Placement = networking with industry members
Reply 4
I actually didn't get into UAL:smile: but like I only applied to them for fun. I kinda want to go to greenwich because they focus on film and television and they have a placement year as part of the course. Placement = networking with industry members

oh okay I see!! westminster also has a placement year which is also one of the reasons I want to go there. so are you torn between westminster and greenwich and if so why? (btw are you also applying for fall 23?)
Reply 5
oh okay I see!! westminster also has a placement year which is also one of the reasons I want to go there. so are you torn between westminster and greenwich and if so why? (btw are you also applying for fall 23?)

Not particularly. The Westminsiter course is in Harrow and I want to be studying in south east London cause it's to the with the niche I have when I start to actual make films/ tv shows. Yes, but I haven't applied to greenwich yet, I'll do that during clearing. I also noticed you said fall, are you an international student
Reply 6
Not particularly. The Westminsiter course is in Harrow and I want to be studying in south east London cause it's to the with the niche I have when I start to actual make films/ tv shows. Yes, but I haven't applied to greenwich yet, I'll do that during clearing. I also noticed you said fall, are you an international student

aaah I see so its based on location. And yeah hahahh I am technically (I live in Belgium) but since I got british nationality I dont have to pay international fees.
Reply 7
aaah I see so its based on location. And yeah hahahh I am technically (I live in Belgium) but since I got british nationality I dont have to pay international fees.

Ooh that's so cool! But yes location is very key.
Reply 8
Ooh that's so cool! But yes location is very key.

Well good luck with everything!! I’ve decided to choose Westminster as my first choice and ual as my second in the end. Good luck with your application and thanks for the advice💗
Reply 9
Well good luck with everything!! I’ve decided to choose Westminster as my first choice and ual as my second in the end. Good luck with your application and thanks for the advice💗

You are very welcome!
Reply 10

Good stuff. May I know what made you choose Westminster as your first choice and UAL as your second?
Reply 11
Original post by Manny2023
Good stuff. May I know what made you choose Westminster as your first choice and UAL as your second?

hii! Sorry for the late reply, This is probably not going to help a lot but for me it was more of a gut feeling and what was good for me. For example the campus in harrow is somewhere I felt really well and at ease. The location of the campus being not exactly in the centre is something I quite like because it means I’m able to get to know the city more slowly and at my own pace since I’m not living in the busy streets of London. In my second and third year I then get to move more into the centre of London if I wish to do so. If you’d really like to live and be in the centre of London a lot UAL might be better for you since the campus is at elephant and castle if I’m not mistaken. I also really liked the teaching staff when I went to the offer holder day and preferred the course of Westminster more than the one at UAL. Overall it was more of a gut feeling and about my personal preference. UAL was my first choice but I later on realised that I preferred Westminster for different reasons. I think both universities are amazing, I do still believe UAL is a really good university and advice people to do their own research to see what university is good for them because it really comes down to everyone’s personal preferences. Hope this helped a bit! 💗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending