The Student Room Group

Commuting to university?

Hello,

I was just wondering who commutes to university?!
For first year, I am staying in a house - alot cheaper than staying in halls. I want to live an independent life and learn how to handle my money etc than always relying on my parents.

However, finding out I only had 3 days a week with not THAT long hours kind of disappoints me.. It would actually be cheaper for me to stay at home..

The commuting time from London (my home) to Oxford is about 2-3 hours (it depends on time, but this includes the time to get back to my house etc.)

I just don't know if it's that worth it anymore, I would save alot if I commuted.. Maybe in second year I'll reconsider but for first year I just want to know the area and show my parents I can live on my own..

But for second year I will defo reconsider - i'll be taking the same amount of modules so it should be similar to my timetable of 3 days a week now..

What do you guys think?
2-3 hours of commute everyday is a long time imo, but if you want to go for it do it! I personally also commute to and from uni and it is about a 45-60 min journey :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending